• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doors off

XJeeper87

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys i want to take my doors off front and back and be able to put them back on. is it legal to drive without them in florida? and what do i do about mirrors? and can someone give me a link to the best info on doing this on 87 xj. and is it okay to do on a mostly street vehicle i dont have a/c and florida with that black interior gets really hot

i looked around and couldnt find much on taking doors off and the tut i did find for takin them off had crappy pics and couldnt see wat to do

I live in Florida and several Members in Local Forums and the Club I belong to have Removed their Doors from Time to Time.

This is what I know of it. It all Depends on the Officer who Stops you. Here, in Tampa, you will be Stopped for sure and given a Warning to Put the Doors back on. In the Outer Townships they are not so Strict. I'm not sure what the Law Actually is. All I have Heard is When Asking the Officer, the Officer will say something like... Well, your not a Wrangler. I have read somewhere a While back that Rope will not do but a Safety Bar that Latches or Tube Door that Latches would be fine. I just don't Remember where.

Hope this helps.

I wouldn't Drive around Tampa for sure without something between me and the Ground. Buy em or Fab em Up. IMHO

http://www.rjroffroad.com/warrior-tube-doors-for-84-96-2-door-cherokee-offroad-pr-18075.html

90850-collage.jpg

Back