• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear sway bar help

4wdParakeet

NAXJA Forum User
My grandma has a 98?? XJ and I have an 89XJ. Her rear sway bar broke the other night. Since mine will never see a sway bar again I was going to give my uncle to fix my grandma's. Will it fit. And I don't even know where to start searching for this.

Parakeet

If someone doesn't pop up with the answer, stop by a salvage yard, they have parts interchange manuals and I am sure they can answer your question.

How does it drive without the rear sway bar? I have always heard that the front one is the important one. I took my rear sway bar off for better off road performance on my 2000 XJ. On the highway I don't miss it. But then I have air shocks on the rear so I can keep the rig level when towing a trailer.
You may not need the rear sway bar. Most vehicles only have them on the front.

I took mine off and I cannot tell the difference. I am sure your Grandmother's isn't lifted nor does she take turns at excessive speed. It should be ok without it. I still have mine from my 99 you can have for free + s&h if yours doesn't fit. PM me if you need it.

Back