• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaf spring question in the front

94xjzac

NAXJA Forum User
so i have a stock coil axle in the front, and im getting a dana 44 out of an 88 wagoneer, and i want to convert my front end to leaf springs(knowing the goods and bads) is there any little secret problems i would run into alone the way? im having my friend who is a talented welder do all the welding and gusstets and reinforcing needed, i just need to know if id run into stupid things, thanks alot

is there any little secret problems i would run into alone the way?

:doh:Yeah it will ride worse but you can still make leaf springs flex pretty good. Sorry I just don't see why you would run leafs up front on something with coils. What are your plans as far as lift and tire size?

im getting 35" dick cepek, well idk coils just suck for me i meen yes they are alot better then leafs but for me they would be better, im in southern nh and i just go out on the power lines and XXXX around and i want a moderatly difficlut project, i made long arms and stuff already i just want a project

im getting 35" dick cepek, well idk coils just suck for me i meen yes they are alot better then leafs but for me they would be better, im in southern nh and i just go out on the power lines and XXXX around and i want a moderatly difficlut project, i made long arms and stuff already i just want a project

i has a 5.5" lift now i dont want it to be any bigger then that cause there isnt a point

I don't think you need leaves. Are you worried that your coils are gonna snap or what? With that combo I don't see why you need to convert to leaf! I agree you don't really need to go higher than that but IMO you are wasting money. Weld some coil buckets on the Waggy axle and call it a day.

Back