• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best LCA & UCA for the money and strength??

kingskippy2001

NAXJA Forum User
Which do you all recommend, and why? If you need to know it would be for a 4-4 1/2" lift.
I was looking at some BEEFY LCA's from ProComp but, I can't find out if they are made anymore
I was looking at IronMan UCA's cause of the price and that they are SOLID steel.

Last edited:
Give Andy a call. He's a small Shop, however, he Fabs up the Best I've seen (Both Bushing and Flex-Joint) and he does it at a very Reasonable Price. I run his Adjustable Lower Control Arms with Bushings. He will ask you questions about your Build and Use and make Recommendations Accordingly. Fantastic Person in my Book.

Right now he is Fabbing me a Custom OverBuilt (and I say again, OverBuilt) Set of Flex-Joint Adjustable Lowers. As with all Shops right now, Flex-Joints are Hard to Get, however, he Works Hard to get what he needs to get his Product to you as soon as possible. I can not say enough about this Guy.

Email: [email protected]

Andy Carter
Iron Man Fabrication and Four Wheel Drive
704 796 3502

I just Talked with Andy and he said he has Flex-Joints and will be Able to get more as needed. He also gave me his New Website Address.

http://www.ironman4x4fab.com/

XJ_FUCA.jpg

þ Precision machined from 1" solid steel.

þ 5.75 inches of thread for up to 4 inches of adjustment.

þ Usable from stock height up to 8+ inches of lift.

þ Utilizes polyurethane bushings with our exclusive tapered bushing sleeves for 20% more flex than stand poly and rubber setups.

$114.50+ $16.00 Shipping

XJ_LCA.jpg

þ These arms are very strong! They are machined from one piece of 1.25" solid!
þ All welds are precision pulse mig welded. Bushings are polyurethane with grease veins and grease fittings.
þ Adjustable from 16"-20" eye-to-eye and weigh 16 lbs per pair.
þ 5 inches of 1.25 x 12 TPI provides 4" of adjustment for up to an 8" lift or more!
þ You can scoot your front axle forward with a smaller lift to run bigger tires.

$139.50+ $20.00 Shipping

XJ_FULCA.jpg

UPPER:
þ Utilizes polyurethane bushings with our exclusive tapered bushing sleeves for 20% more flex than stand poly and rubber setups.

LOWER:
þ Precision machined from one piece of 1.25" solid.
þ All welds are precision pulse mig welded.
þ Bushings are polyurethane with grease veins and grease fittings.
þ Thread is 1.25 x 12 TPI.
þ These are overbuilt and comparable to the strength of most long arm kits.
þ Compare to any other control arm manufacturer.
þ Adjustable from 16"-20" eye-to-eye.
þ These weigh 16-lbs per pair.
þ 5" of thread means 4" of adjustment for up to an 8" lift or more.
þ You can also scoot your front axle forward with a smaller lift to run bigger tires.

$249.50+ $20.00 Shipping

XJ_LCA(F).jpg

þ All welds are precision pulse mig welded. Bushings are polyurethane with grease veins and grease fittings.
þ 5 inches of 1.25 x 12 TPI provides 4" of adjustment for up to an 8" lift or more!
þ You can scoot your front axle forward with a smaller lift to run bigger tires.

$179.50+ $20.00 Shipping

Hopes this helps

My question is are those able to rotate, or is that a Jam nut on them making them rigid., It looks like a jam nut and i would think that would cause them to bind the mounts?, I see he says "exclusive tapered bushing sleeves for 20% more flex than stand poly and rubber setups" but that dosn't seem like much room for bind in the mounts., Now I see the expensive lowers have flex joints on them and that would make more sense but it looks like the "cheaper" ones and the uppers would not be the best.

My question is are those able to rotate, or is that a Jam nut on them making them rigid., It looks like a jam nut and i would think that would cause them to bind the mounts?, I see he says "exclusive tapered bushing sleeves for 20% more flex than stand poly and rubber setups" but that dosn't seem like much room for bind in the mounts., Now I see the expensive lowers have flex joints on them and that would make more sense but it looks like the "cheaper" ones and the uppers would not be the best.

Opinions Differ, Perceptions Individualize.

I suggest doing a Real Comparison Side by Side at the Same Price for Each Item for the Same Thing. Then one can see Value.

jJEEP_ARMS.jpg

* Fully adjustable control arms
* Replace your factory stamped sheet metal OE arms
* Allow for better articulation and more control off road but does not sacrifice on road handling.
* These can be used from 3"-8" of lift
* These are a must have for a trail ready Jeep.
* Fully greasable, and come with highly durable polyurethane bushings and new sleeves.
* These control arms use existing hardware and bolt right in to the factory locations!!

$159.95+ $13.95 Shipping

Compare with

$139.50+ $20.00 Shipping

347yag4.jpg

BTW: Who do you think makes these at $292.49 a pair?

* 1-1/4” solid threaded rod
* Full adjustment for 2” to 6-1/2” of lift
* Greaseable end with internal and external fluted urethane bushings
* 5/16” wall D.O.M. sleeves used to lock the control arms in place and better load distribution on O.E. pockets

jk_124415-6.jpg

Who do you think make these:

jk_124426.jpg

Front Lower Adjustable with Flex End for $306.85

* All the same features of the standard adjustable arms plus;
* Easily rebuildable flex end
* 15° of twist allowed to increase droop and compression without transferring rotational load to your O.E. control arm pockets
* Center steel ball is controlled by urethane races to absorb shock and vibration while increasing offroad performance

Compare to

$179.50+ $20.00 Shipping

2aajynp.jpg

Last edited:
The first other brand you posted, their rough country, and that’s what I have and they rotate allowing them to not bind in the mounts I think they work great and I have beat them up pretty good, I agree that iron man are very well built, but the cheaper ones look like they will bind in the mounts because they are so ridged.,
I see you compared them to more pricier ones, but they look like they will have the same problems as the iron mans, binding. I'm not questing his build quality/pricing, I’m asking if they are going to tear your control arm mounts off!

Last edited:
The first other brand you posted, their rough country, and that’s what I have and they rotate allowing them to not bind in the mounts I think they work great and I have beat them up pretty good, I agree that iron man are very well built, but the cheaper ones look like they will bind in the mounts because they are so ridged.,
I see you compared them to more pricier ones, but they look like they will have the same problems as the iron mans, binding. I'm not questing his build quality/pricing, I’m asking if they are going to tear your control arm mounts off!

Thanks for helping me Understand your Point.

If I Remember right, when I had those RCs before I sold them on Ebay, they Twisted Freely because there were no Securing Jam Nuts. At the time I had thought the Jam Nuts were Important to Keep the Angle of the Bushings Correct in the Mounts. However, I do see your Point. Tightening down the Jam Nuts the Axle Ends would not be Able to Twist and may cause Mounts to be Torn at the Welds.

I suppose one would not have to Tighten the Securing Jam Nuts on the Non-RC Arms and Allow the Axle Ends or Arms to Twist Freely. That does Sound Beneficial.

Thanks

P.S. As for Tearing Out Control Arm Mounts... I have done that before on a Jeep. But, I'm going to save that Story for a Later Date in Time.

BTW: Who do you think makes these at $292.49 a pair?

* 1-1/4” solid threaded rod
* Full adjustment for 2” to 6-1/2” of lift
* Greaseable end with internal and external fluted urethane bushings
* 5/16” wall D.O.M. sleeves used to lock the control arms in place and better load distribution on O.E. pockets

jk_124415-6.jpg

bds, super beef, love the flex joints, get a little sqeuukie, but hey, supposed to keep em lubed, I did have problems with threads bunging up, but hey lifetime warranty

Not having jam nuts well ware out the threads of the control arms real fast, Thats somthing Rustys would do! In fact they do, or did.

Just a Question.

What do you Think the 2 Ends of the RCs are being Held together with?

Threads, Right?

The RCs Adjust Length by Twisting along the Threads also, however, they have no Securing Jam Nut that's all. IMHO

bds, super beef, love the flex joints, get a little sqeuukie, but hey, supposed to keep em lubed, I did have problems with threads bunging up, but hey lifetime warranty

And, Andy of Iron Man Fabrication and Four Wheel Drive has been known to Replace a Broken Control Arm from one of his First Batches with a Set of his Newly Redesigned and much Stronger Control Arms.

Just a Question.

What do you Think the 2 Ends of the RCs are being Held together with?

Threads, Right?

The RCs Adjust Length by Twisting along the Threads also, however, they have no Securing Jam Nut that's all. IMHO
Doesnt sound like a very good desing to me. Also, i use RE arms, and beat the crap out of them, I surprized they havnt been mentioned.

Doesnt sound like a very good desing to me. Also, i use RE arms, and beat the crap out of them, I surprized they havnt been mentioned.

Most, if not all, Adjustable Control Arms Twist along a Thread to Adjust, Right?

And, Most have Securing Jam Nuts including REs.

RE3783.jpg

$239.95

Rubicon Express Super-Flex 2 Lower Control Arms for TJ Wranglers and XJ/MJ/ZJ (front only) Cherokees. All Super-Flex Control Arms feature our rebuildable spherical bearing assembly. This assembly features a large 2.25" polymer race that encapsulates a 1.75" hard plated steel bearing. A threaded steel insert allows adjustable preload and easy maintenance. The unit is greasable and extremely quiet due to the non-metallic races. This bearing allows extra flex for off-road prowess, yet does not sacrifice on-road handling or long term durability. Unleash the full potential of your Jeep with the addition of Super-Flex Control Arms from Rubicon Manufacturing. The RE3705 & RE3720 feature two factory rubber joints, to give a more factory like ride quality. Super-Flex 2 lower control arms for TJ Wranglers and XJ/MJ/ZJ (front only) Cherokees.

Last edited:
Yes hiems flex good, but there more expensive, you cant rebuild them, and cheap ones wear out quick, not to mention noise. On the SJ, are those tube inserts just rossette welded to the larger tube on the outside? Those SJ's dont look to great.

RE3780.jpg

$239.95

Super-Flex 2 adjustable upper front control arms for TJ Wranglers and XJ/MJ/ZJ Cherokees. All Super-Flex Control Arms feature our rebuildable spherical bearing assembly. This assembly features a large 2.25" polymer race that encapsulates a 1.75" hard plated steel bearing. A threaded steel insert allows adjustable preload and easy maintenance. The unit is greasable and extremely quiet due to the non-metallic races. This bearing allows extra flex for off-road prowess, yet does not sacrifice on-road handling or long term durability. Unleash the full potential of your Jeep with the addition of Super-Flex Control Arms from Rubicon Manufacturing.

bds_controlarm_xj.jpg

$209.95

All BDS control arms have heavy-duty construction with greasable ends for long term performance and they carry BDS’s lifetime warranty, even if they are used in conjuction with another brand’s suspension system!

These heavy duty upper control arms are fully adjustable to accommodate 2" to 6-1/2" of lift. Greasable urethane bushings are included for long term perfomance.

25fn5sh.jpg

$114.50+ $16.00 Shipping

uppercontrolarms.jpg

http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/Gen2ProdDisplay.php?iview=233162898

$229.95

New adjustable upper arms are available to fine tune front caster angles. Sold in pairs.
Part No. Description 55100 97-06 TJ / LJ / 84-01 XJ / 93-98 ZJ Adjustable Front Upper Arms

Here's what I use. Skyjacker LCA & UCA. Tons heavier than the Rubicon Express Arms I was using, and way flexier and stronger than stock.

DSC01728.jpg

Extremely Expensive. $575.99

However, Heims are way Cool!

Skyjacker Lower Rock Ready Control Arms 6-8" of lift for 97-06 Jeep

Fits these Vehicles

* 84-01 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
* 93-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
* 97-06 Jeep Wrangler (TJ)

http://www.savannajones.com/products/16006_6DX.htm

Back