• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj ohc into a 97xj

Bdiddy11

NAXJA Forum User
Been following this thread http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=949746&page=4
However I can't find the plug underneath the steering column to tap into with the bcm. I've got a 97 country with power everything and has that little keyless entry plug between the visors. I got the power to turn on the ohc,.but it stays on even when I pull the key out. The wiring shown for plugging into the keyless entry plug isn't the clearest or when it says having a power wire going from the bcm to ohc...any ideas?

1997 may not have had the Sentry Key system as an available option. Jeep made numerous updates to the 1997 wire harnesses to deal with problems and to add plug ins for optional features. If you do have the Sentry Key plug, it is very close to the ignition switch and ignition cylinder.

Last edited:
I'm not seeing the plug,.but have the little bulb between the visors. Where can I tap into then for temp sensor? I assume the right kick panel where the wires come in? Also need to figure out why the ohc compass stays on when the car is off.,I have the yellow with green stripe wire from the zj red harness attached to the fused + pink wires from the keyless plug in the headliner

Back