• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ leathers in the rain

NJblackdeath4x4

NAXJA Forum User
I've never had leather seats before, but I can assume my ZJ leather seats aren't real leather. I was hoping that was the case, because one of the reasons I got them was so that I wouldn't have soaked seats when I got caught in the rain, and that I could just dry it off with a towel.

Would leaving the doors off during a rainstorm damage the "leather" or am I good to go?

I would be more concerned with water getting into the foam (mold, stink, soak your butt for a few days), than what water might do to the material itself.

Yea I was starting to come to that realization after I posted. I guess I was hoping the material would act as a waterproof seat cover.

Might want to oil/seal the stitching up, I use lexol just for maint. Cleaning /oiling, but you may need something thicker to mush down in the seams

I've never had leather seats before, but I can assume my ZJ leather seats aren't real leather. I was hoping that was the case, because one of the reasons I got them was so that I wouldn't have soaked seats when I got caught in the rain, and that I could just dry it off with a towel.

Would leaving the doors off during a rainstorm damage the "leather" or am I good to go?

ZJs didn't come with vinyl seats. The "seating" surfaces are leather, and the sides, back are vinyl.

That said, if you get them thoroughly dried out, they should be ok.

i sprayed mine with boot waterproofer last time i took my doors off... seems to work pretty well.

im sure someones gonna make me feel like a moron for doing it tho :(

Back