• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zips 2.0 My 98 build

Ok then the group I was with jt4x4 was wrong. And I get its not that extreme. Bad spotting got me into some less than stellar situations.

Does JT4x4 still have their BTC property in Groton? Colin and I did a toys for tots run there a few years ago and it was pretty badass

I believe so i am a perspective member I went to one of the rides and still need to go to 2 meetings.

gejy8upu.jpg

ype3ader.jpg

Time to actually stiffen it I guess.

The screw snapped off in the door so I worked it out with a punch then welded it back together.

stiffeners? have you taken your doors off?
Yep. It was fine and I didnt have any issues till I took it to my friends woods and tried a few obstacles. After that they didnt want to shut right so I shimmed them and then they started to crack :soapbox:

So plans are as follows....
WJ uppers for a temporary uppercontrol arm fix. (My stock ones are dead.. I am not changing the bushings in them.)
New lower control arm bushings. (My caster was perfect so why change my setup now?)
Throw my skids back on.
Stiffen it the weekend after next. Then wheel it.

Long term plans
Isuzu 12 bolt.
Slight rear stretch
Install my midarms.
Flat belly.

I Am really happy with how its working. It is back to DD status as my f350s Oil pan and frame are getting thin in several other spots so I am putting it in storage over the winter, then doing a frame swap and ZF swap.

Isuzu 12 bolt.

Any particular reason you're going that route? Feel like I remember you talking about it at some point but I forget when. Haven't looked much into their after market availability but from what I recall they're 6 lug so you'd have to buy shafts to match the front. Gearing sounds pretty hit or miss depending on which year its out of too. Wouldn't a quick and simple 8.8/44 or even 9" make life easier?

I have the hubs and parts to convert my front to 6 lug. I have 4.56 gears already and that's the most common gearing for them. It's a beefy center chunk that I don't have to gear. It is also the same width as my front at 63. My front is like 62.5? Weld it up and run it. Lots of people are running them with 37+ on pirate, I'm staying on 35s I think. It also has good clearance.

Led light bar installed
I'm happy for $30
Bought a Lincoln 225 for 75 today.

I bought a sixty and a 10.5 for $300 4.10s in them.
I've been wheeling on and off did a nice job redoing my exhaust, I used a thrush welded it sounds better and it is tucked up a lot more :) ordering some stuff from RUFFSTUFF next sale

Back