• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Zips 2.0 My 98 build

:cheers:

Dont just weld in your shock mounts. I plated but it wasnt enough.

I started stripping the jeep

More prep work

Stiffener getting ready to be installed

3 link parts.

This should be getting better, I really want to get out a lot more this year, Ive laid back on being a **** wits. I realize I was awful before, and yeah. :dunce:

I cleaned it all up all the way down to bare metal
The first picture shows where I welded the 1/4 plate that I drilled and tapped for the ford shock towers

Rear lockers out

I blew it up. Let's see how good powertrax is with warranting it.

Welded in the shock tower and primed that whole stiffener

Primed and painted my front drivers side stiffener

Cleaned up the passenger side stiffener

Came home to a box of happiness RUFFSTUFF 3 link parts and corned beef and cabbage!

Well changed my mind I'm going hd offroad 3 link mounts

Shitbox is still a shit box. I grenades the rear end up at Manson. I bought a Ford 9 but I need to narrow it. So I hucked a new carrier into the 8.25. Lokka ready to go in.

Also did mopar stage 3 can and tuned ecu. New accel plugs distributed cap and rotor plus some ngk coppers.

I got air and tore the unibody where I welded on my shock towers. It took cracked the etiffener and unionist under it on both sides. Lesson learned. Time for actual rear bump stops and some form or another of a crossbar that ties into the floor and rear suspension mounts

Decided to just do a quick patch because after all it is an xj and I want to wheel again. I plan on parting this thing out at the end of the year and going to another xj that hasn't been beaten as bad as this one.

b0f7d2dde364d1334c9c360b658e0e64.jpg
Isuzu twelve bolt has been installed and is being ran welded.
50178c7c17b0c2d52dc3c6724be10a9c.jpg
welded up some perches
91a6cd245678ee481d1264f8754f2a46.jpg
started tearing my upper control arms out so I picked these up.
c52a19ac312a7a43514cd609d4601763.jpg
1bccca5411ce3b1d1535d589512da95f.jpg
some random in repair pics

Back