• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZDDP deal from Eastwood 3 days only

I use Shell Rotella instead of buying additives.

Not to cause a scruffle or anything, but hasn't Rotella decreased their ZDDP by quite a bit over the last few years? School me if I'm wrong, I just heard that.

Not to cause a scruffle or anything, but hasn't Rotella decreased their ZDDP by quite a bit over the last few years? School me if I'm wrong, I just heard that.

That is my understanding that reformulations have occurred with all diesel motor oils, with those specified for the new CAT equipped diesel engines having the least.

However, in low-compression engines that are already broken in there is plenty. High compression/new/fresh rebuilt I would probably add some or go with a racing oil for the break-in period.

I switched to Rotella T Synthetic a change or two ago in my stroker. I still add a bit of the STP goo about halfway through the service life sine I run longer intervals. Its $2.99 and can't hurt at all.

I just run the Amsoil AMO 10w-40 which has a high zinc addative

Back