• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You tax dollars at work.

I love when people bitch about cops....

How about you don't do anything to give them a reason to even consider pulling you over. You KNOW they're bored....jackasses....power hungry...overly aggressive....

So why not do everything in your power to avoid making yourself even the slightest bit of a target....?

OMG, not another anti law enforcement thread.

I love when people bitch about cops....

How about you don't do anything to give them a reason to even consider pulling you over. You KNOW they're bored....jackasses....power hungry...overly aggressive....

So why not do everything in your power to avoid making yourself even the slightest bit of a target....?

Yes, live in fear.... that will show them!!:eyes:

See I believe that yes, most police officers are corrupt, however I don't think its nearly as bad as people may think. The most corrput portion, is the court system in my mind. Most police officers are just like anyone else, and they do try and help. I'm not going to advocate them by any means, everytime one is behind me I'm holding my breath praying he's not going to pull me for god know what reason. I have had my fair share run-ins w/ the law, and besides the officer that tried pulled a gun on me I can't complain about how I've been treated.

Sometimes it is not that easy. A few years ago a cop found it suspicious my eyes were blinking too much (his lamp, reflecting from my side mirror was making me blind).
When you blinded and disoriented and do not know what is going on, it is easy to make a mistake.

On the other hand, I have to admit, that was the only bogus stop I had in the last 8 years.

The guy was swerving...lets hope your town has all the cops that won't stop swerving motorist. I wanna make it home every night.
reductio ad absurdum

I think stopping him was a good idea, he seemed to be drunk or high. They checked him to the best of their abilities and found he was not under the influence of any substance. So what was he tazed for exactly? Swerving?

How about his grandmother? Was macing her the right thing to do?

Yea there was no way 5 or 6 fully grown men could possibly restrain an old woman right? :confused1

Protocol is one thing, common sense is another...

Isn't that a little sexist? Who says a woman can't hold her own?

There is a video somewhere on the internet of a cop "roughing up" a old lady. The whole crowd was booing and from first glance is looked like the cop was on a power trip. Turned out the old lady had a knife and I dunno about you but if you've got a weapon and intend to hurt me with it I don't care how old you are be it 8 or 80.

My point being that you don't always know what is going on, so how about you cut the guys that are out there risking their lives for yours a little slack. Or else get off your butt and join them to make these changes you want. I doubt you'd do that tho, it'd require you to get off that high horse.

Last edited:
Isn't that a little sexist? Who says a woman can't hold her own?

There is a video somewhere on the internet of a cop "roughing up" a old lady. The whole crowd was booing and from first glance is looked like the cop was on a power trip. Turned out the old lady had a knife and I dunno about you but if you've got a weapon and intend to hurt me with it I don't care how old you are be it 8 or 80.

My point being that you don't always know what is going on, so how about you cut the guys that are out there risking their lives for yours a little slack. Or else get off your butt and join them to make these changes you want. I doubt you'd do that tho, it'd require you to get off that high horse.

Okay you have a valid point in some respects. Yes I know that not everyone out there is just going to be peachy all the time. There are people who want to hurt others and/or maybe police. But you cant excuse every police action as defense against these people.
How about the guy? He was laying on the ground, not threatening the Officers at all, simply refusing to spread his legs. How was he being a threat? he had already been searched so he wasnt carrying a weapon?

How about the guy? He was laying on the ground, not threatening the Officers at all, simply refusing to spread his legs. How was he being a threat? he had already been searched so he wasnt carrying a weapon?

Spoken like a guy who has never put his ass on the line or knows the definition of 'officer safety'. ;)

Back