• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

-unibody flex significantly increases your RTI score.

-you have ever seriously considered trying to chase down a convoy of used cars going south to Mexico to be sold, because you thought one of the XJs in it was an '87 with the tow package.

-you've not concerned when your oil pressure gauge drops to 13 after your engine warms up.

-your passengers look really nervous every time you turn a corner, and ask, a bit shrilly, what "that weird creaking sound" was.

-Your trail buddies make fun of you because they've never heard of a Chrysler 8 1/4"

-You successfully drive your bone-stock XJ through a log-filled mudhole, then have to extract the guy who was making fun of you earlier after he buries his K5 Blazer on 35"s in that same hole.

-you have to flip a coin every time you try to replace something (heads=metric fasteners, tails=SAE)

-you've ever had a mechanic call you up and ask if your XJ is supposed to Metric or SAE (Bonus points if he accuses you of switching them around.)

-you have over 100lbs of gear stashed under the back seat.

-your friends ask if you have a turbo because of the whine from a bearing going bad...again.

-the liftgate attacks the forehead of anyone who goes near it.

-you try to replace the rear windshield wiper switch, and find that nobody sells it.

-your Jeep is tow rated for 5000lbs and uhaul won't rent an 8-foot trailer to you!

-you have to flip a coin every time you try to replace something (heads=metric fasteners, tails=SAE)

-you've ever had a mechanic call you up and ask if your XJ is supposed to Metric or SAE (Bonus points if he accuses you of switching them around.)
You've had a mechanic work on it? Well, I have too... once.

for #2: You have complete metric and SAE tool sets :D

- You've bought an entire tool set when you only needed one socket out of it

- Projects that go smoothly make you suspicious

- Your barber asks you what all you've done to the jeep since your last trim... you're only halfway done with the list when she's done cutting.

- You and your passengers have spent half an hour playing "what's that noise?" You're starting to get concerned because you can't figure it out.

- You fit through the same space a cummins barely fit through without even touching a branch.

When you lock your keys in your xj because you got out to find out what you broke.
Then you break the window out because you know a whole door at the junkyard is 25$ and locksmith is 65 or a tow home is 85$
When you go to beak the window your friend dose not believe you. so you bet him 25$ and now you have the $ to buy the door. Then at the junkyard you walk out with 10 other things you havent broke yet. (true story)

The one on the left becomes the one on the right :D
0617091142.jpg

..you know your rig is " running close to perfection" and some body ask as favor to use it for a quick run to... and you spend just over 20 min. explaning the little datails to driving the XJ... just to be on the safe side...

Your friend saying "next time we work on this, make sure you clean off the undercarriage" somehow computes as "we will work on this after you clean off the undercarriage." And you show up telling him you just pounded a couple puddles and you're ready to look at that issue with the brakes now.

...when the starter falls out while driving down the road because your 4 cyl/4 spd vibes so bad (86 MJ and it happened more than once..hahaha)
...when you rent a commercial warehouse so you can "work on" your Cherokee inside

...when your friends don't like riding in your Cherokee because it's "too loud" but you love it

...when running a Jeepspeed race is one of your life goals

...it always turns over for 5 seconds before it starts.
...you have to lift it 2 1/2" just to fit 31's without trimming.
...your new stereo is worth more than the whole jeep.
...people ask what are all those wires hanging under the passenger dash?
...you have gotten a speeding ticket in the middle of the forest.
...you consider the way it looks a theft-deterrent.
...you realize the best mechanic you know is you.

It's a hybrid. Half craigslist & half junkyard.

... you occasionally find a bracket not connected to anything, can't figure out where it came from and it ends up in a bucket full of "Jeep things"

-the liftgate attacks the forehead of anyone who goes near it.

-your Jeep is tow rated for 5000lbs and uhaul won't rent an 8-foot trailer to you![/quote]

1.) Been there many times!

2.) OH YEAH, I got the shocks fixed on the door... and people still don't trust it.

3.) Well, Uhaul rents me the 8' trailer. But they WONT rent my XJ the 6' x 12'. So we got my buddies '99 WJ with a V8, rented the 6' x 12' and the XJ towed it (4,400lbs) for 230 miles. Scariest tow of my life:tears:. It snaked HORRIBLY whenever I got above 52mph. lol

Correction 30x9.50's. Depending on the state of your stock suspension. But thats what I fit before I did my Up Country and shackle and spacer. :D

Back