• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You know you own/drive a XJ when...

Funny story about that happening.... I was with a buddy and my brother at a wendy's drive thru. The guy behind us was in an old Chevy van and saw our sunroof open so he squirted his front washer and it landed right on my brother. He shrugged it off at first then he did it again so he flipped him off. The guy does it again and my brother saw the guys laughing. So he gets out and proceeds to try to rip the passenger out and beat him down. The guy wasn't laughing when that happened and was pulling on the door as hard as he could to keep my brother out. I really wish his hand would have slipped of the door! :D

oh and i hate idiots
stupid managers
morons in the drive thru
and the LG chocolate 2

LOLness! I have a plan if I ever become a millionaire, making work or having a job unnecessary: I'm just going to train everyday in cagefighting and work out everyday and just ride around in my friends cars dressed in fighting clothes and gloves and whenever something like that happens i'm just going to jump out and beat the living crap out of whoever does stuff like that. I got the idea when a bunch of kids spit on my girlfriends car. If I was there I would have beat the crap out of them.

You know the car washes with the "good water pressure"
You notice a dent and can't remember if its new or not
You have at least three very good friends during every snow storm
Passengers point out the check engine light and you just rev the engine to confirm its still there
You'll park twice as far from the grocery store entrance so you can park next to another xj
You find the highest spot in the parking lot so you can push start it yourself if you need to.
You've gotten stuck more times trying to pull out toyotas than while wheeling
You wear saftey glasses when you do anything under your jeep cause you'll be blinded by falling mud otherwise

...when you cant wait to cut it up for bigger tires ...hood vents... etc

...when you can buy a nice one for 2000$ because the previous owner thought 130,000 was high mileage.

1990 XJ 4.0L Renix 140,000 With 3" lift, and brand new 31" tires $1200. My neighbor says that Jeeps on its last leg. I'm thinkin this Jeep is gonna outlast you.

You wear saftey glasses when you do anything under your jeep cause you'll be blinded by falling mud otherwise

And rust...

Hammered said:
...when you cant wait to cut it up for bigger tires ...hood vents... etc

Got my XJ back home waiting to be cut for 35s and grand hood vents waiting to go in. Damn are we XJ owners that predictable?

=/ i wanna cut my fenders but i dont know yet... maybe i should put some of those fiberglassed baja looking fenders on it...

Famous last words...
Trust me the fiberglass ones are not worth the money... but then again once you get SawZall Fever it doesn't stop...

....you bought the thing so you wouldn't get trapped (at your house that's 5km's from the mainroad) when it snowed, and the thing wouldn't start when it got cold.......and still won't......but I know what a CPS is now...........

Famous last words...
Trust me the fiberglass ones are not worth the money...unless you spend your off road time in the desert but then again once you get SawZall Fever it doesn't stop...
fixed ;)

no good for rock crawlin, they break too easy. but for bombing the wash roads and fire roads they are great... i love mine :D

You've given up on waving to TJ's and preemptively flip them off, before they can flip you off.

The girl you've been seeing doesn't work out when you stop driving mom's Malibu because the XJ is fixed and her response is ewww, what is that, I thought you said you had a jeep.

Great first post to read as a new member, I love it.

.... you take your Mom out wheeling and she has to help you flip your jeep back on it's wheels.( man was she pissed!)

...when you have jeep parts in your cubicle at work, some as paper weights and some under the desk...

... your jeep no longer fits in the garage...(almost there!)

when you have jeep parts in your cubicle at work, some as paper weights and some under the desk

So true, I have all my parts shipped to work. And then they sit around before I take them home.

You've given up on waving to TJ's and preemptively flip them off, before they can flip you off.

so true, i hate other non cherokee owners... the tj and cj drivers you'll wave like you'd wave to a fellow jeep driver... and they just snub their nose to you because in their hearts they know you bought the better jeep.

but at the same time how many soccer moms are you going to wave to in an xj before you see a true jeep owner who doesnt consider driving down a dirt road to a soccer game offroading. :party:

another one.
you know you drive an xj when you side hill a canal or dune and soon as that front wheel leaves the ground you instantly go from 4wd to 2wd (from lack of lockers)

you know you own an xj when you'd rather sleep in the jeep and throw your stuff in the tent(or cargo rack) than throw your stuff in the jeep and sleep in the tent

so true, i hate other non cherokee owners... the tj and cj drivers you'll wave like you'd wave to a fellow jeep driver... and they just snub their nose to you because in their hearts they know you bought the better jeep.

but at the same time how many soccer moms are you going to wave to in an xj before you see a true jeep owner who doesnt consider driving down a dirt road to a soccer game offroading. :party:
See I just tend to ignore all but other lifted XJ's unless I get a wave from a TJ driver who isn't a hater. Stock jeep drivers around here aren't educated on the wave so they just look at you like you are crazy if you wave.

And furthermore...

You know you drive an XJ when your friends ask what that noise is, and you don't know, not because you can't figure it out, but because you have learned to tune it out and don't notice/hear it anymore

...When your drivers side door lock cylinder doesn't work and you don't mind having to go to the passenger side to unlock your XJ everytime

...When your parents tell you that you need to straighten up the body but you say it looks rugged.

...When you're spinning in 2wd knowing that 4HI will get you going without a problem.

...When you'd rather drive up and over an obstacle that others just avoid.

...When you know it's not a mall-crawler.

...When you're dropping your dad off at the bar and he asks what that "clunking noise" is, and you reply with "Oh, it's just my trackbar."

You know you drive a XJ when you have to hammer your socket onto the bolt head because it's so rusted.
The socket or the bolt head?:laugh2:

Sorry, didn't mean to slight your tool maintainence skills.

Last edited:
Back