• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You guys disappoint me ;)

WB9YZU

NAXJA Forum User
These sweeping changes of law enacted by the people and now struck down by the Supreme Court.

And not a word from the peanut gallery about ""activist judges""?

Do I know you guys? :D

Maybe the government of California has now found a way to invalidate all those pesky referendums the people of that great(?) state keep putting on the ballot. Just get somebody to challenge the law, then fail to defend it in court.

I say they go after the property tax referendum next. that would solve a big chunk of their budgetary problem.

Interesting stuff to be sure.

* Took away the Federal and State ability to govern Marriage (some would say Discriminate). This decision now paves the way to force States which currently Marriage between homosexual couples is not allowed, to recognize the Marriage.
This infringes on State Rights. Also, the cost of benefits paid to ""Married"" couples should be a sizable sum.

* Gave back the ability of States with a proven track record of discriminating against people by race in elections, the ability to do so again.

* And the Senate is sending a bill to the House which would create Amnesty 2.0 for Millions of undocumented people. Will this result in yet another wave of illegal immigration as it did when Amnesty 1.0 was installed?

I'm not a fan of the gay community. I don't hate them, I just hate the way they act. Obviously not all of them, just the ones who "stick out" in a crowd and bring attention...usually the negative kind down on themselves. It seems to be so backward to me. If you want people to respect your lifestyle, don't make your lifestyle something that revolves around prancing around in parades wearing giant condoms on your body or walking around in leather chaps with your ass hanging out.

That being said....
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone really cares about this issue. For 99% of us, it doesn't change or affect our life in the slightest so why make a big deal out of it?

I'm not a fan of the gay community. I don't hate them, I just hate the way they act. Obviously not all of them, just the ones who "stick out" in a crowd and bring attention...usually the negative kind down on themselves. It seems to be so backward to me. If you want people to respect your lifestyle, don't make your lifestyle something that revolves around prancing around in parades wearing giant condoms on your body or walking around in leather chaps with your ass hanging out.

That being said....
I'm still trying to figure out why anyone really cares about this issue. For 99% of us, it doesn't change or affect our life in the slightest so why make a big deal out of it?
That's like you saying you're not a fan of the black community for the few that wear baggy pants down to their knees. Makes you seem pretty ignorant.

That being said....

yesssssss!

I don't remember running around in a parade screaming about how straight I am, what's the big deal? :dunno: and if I DID, i'd probably be harassed for it even though it's just the opposite side of this coin (n)

yesssssss!

I don't remember running around in a parade screaming about how straight I am, what's the big deal? :dunno: and if I DID, i'd probably be harassed for it even though it's just the opposite side of this coin (n)
We were never repressed and ridiculed for being straight. I gotta imagine they need that ability to vent and be their selves and celebrate it at least once a year. If the Cubs ever win the world series, i'm sure some people will be going hella crazy. same thing, more or less.

Do you like being grouped in with the polygamists just because you're from Utah?

If someone groups me with the polygamists, that's their problem and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm smart enough to know the difference and I don't feel that I need to start an "I'm not a polygamist" pride parade.

Even Hetro folks? That would be a step forward in equality!
In WI you can sign up for a civil union registry and you and your sig other can get state bennifits. BUT, that only applies to Gay folks. Un-married Hetro couples are still not recognized as a "civil union".

It seems to this Gay marriage thing was all about money and property and nothing to do with ""Equality"" per se.

I do find it interesting that of the 2 items the Court tackled, the voting rights issue appears unimportant to people.

And that the ""immigration Reform"" bill that will give citizenship to millions presently here in this country and encourage more illegal immigration doesn't seems important either. Hard problem to be sure, but I don't think "amnesty" is the best policy.

I'm wondering about how schools could be linked into this.
The idea came when a friend from Romania on an education visa graduated from the University with a PHD, but had to get a job out of state with an employer who could offer him a work Visa and a path to citizenship.

yay, now they can get divorced just as much as straights.

:dunno: don't really see it as a big issue, I'm fine with gay marriage. Don't like gay marriage? Don't get gay married.

That being said....

aparently you haven't seen the Boston St. Patricks day parade, or you wouldn't be a fan of irish people

aparently you haven't seen the Boston St. Patricks day parade, or you wouldn't be a fan of irish people

I'm not a fan of people who act stupid. If a group of Irish people, gay people, black people, straight white Christian people or whoever act stupid I'm not a fan of that particular group. It doesn't mean I hate a gays, Irish, black or straight white Christians. Just those in their demographic that seem to always speak for them. I'm totally aware that a lot of the time it's a small number of a larger group that makes the larger group look bad and I don't lump everyone in because of that.

It just seems to me that especially with the gay rights movement the way they try to bring attention to their cause is by acting like total assclowns. I don't get it. If the gay community wanted to push their cause light years ahead of where it is today they would stop with the gay pride parades and start trying to show people that they are normal humans.

Think about it. Of all the gay people I know, none of them act like that. Most of them don't stand out at all in a crowd. They are just normal people who happen to be gay. These are not the people you see on the news. When my grandma turns the news on and sees a bunch of guys in ball tight short shorts or wearing chaps with their ass hanging out she is never going to accept them as normal humans, even if the only time they do crap like that is at a parade.

It just seems counter productive to me.

I'm not a fan of people who act stupid. If a group of Irish people, gay people, black people, straight white Christian people or whoever act stupid I'm not a fan of that particular group. It doesn't mean I hate a gays, Irish, black or straight white Christians. Just those in their demographic that seem to always speak for them. I'm totally aware that a lot of the time it's a small number of a larger group that makes the larger group look bad and I don't lump everyone in because of that.

It just seems to me that especially with the gay rights movement the way they try to bring attention to their cause is by acting like total assclowns. I don't get it. If the gay community wanted to push their cause light years ahead of where it is today they would stop with the gay pride parades and start trying to show people that they are normal humans.

Think about it. Of all the gay people I know, none of them act like that. Most of them don't stand out at all in a crowd. They are just normal people who happen to be gay. These are not the people you see on the news. When my grandma turns the news on and sees a bunch of guys in ball tight short shorts or wearing chaps with their ass hanging out she is never going to accept them as normal humans, even if the only time they do crap like that is at a parade.

It just seems counter productive to me.
you did lump everyone into that. you specifically said you weren't a fan of the gay community. Or the black community. What about all the straight people who do mass naked runs or bike rides through major cities? I'd say that's worse.

Meh. It is what it is.

The black community has their own problems for the exact reason you just stated.

Wire folks have their own problem too......trashy ignorant people and meth heads. We all have bad apples in our groups. If they want to marry, let them. Not sure why you'd want butt humped by a dude but it's none of my business.

Back