• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ / TJ Windshield Transplant?

Voteban

NAXJA Forum User
I couldn't decide which section this should be in since there's no tech in this post..

Ok, I have a crazy vision for my dream XJ, and this could possibly involve a fold-down windshield if the dimensions on a YJ or TJ are close enough. I'm already planning on a full roof chop and I have a pretty good idea on how I could graft in the windshield.

If any of you have access to YJ or TJ I would love some measurements - I need the width of the top and bottom of the windshield, and the height. I'm currently living at a different residence than my XJ, so if I could get those same measurements from an XJ too that would be awesome!

Also, I have no idea how the folding mechanism works on a YJ / TJ, anybody care to enlighten me? Pics could help..

Lastly, this is completely hypothetical, I don't plan on building my dream XJ for a few years.

I may not have been specific enough, and I hope I didn't waste your time yet iaml3lue, but I'm looking for the windshield frame measurements if that wasn't clear in my first post. :D

Back