• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yet Another Land Use Petition...

Thanks for posting this HTek. I'll quote it to save folks a click.
Billy

This is it people. We need to get our voices heard. Please E-Mail me your name and address so i can add you to the official list. [email protected]

You CAN make a difference. I will bring this petition to the FS meeting in Folsom on the 30th along with as many friends as i can.

OUR FREEDOM DEPENDS ON THIS

Dear Forest Service Representitives
We, The Citizens of California are greatly disappointed with your pending decision to close a large percentage of The Tahoe National Forest to motorized vehicle use. While we understand the threat of fire this and every year, and the problems that pertain to noncompliant OHV use. We (the undersigned) would like to go on record as stating: Management-by-closure is poor management. Much better results can be achieved by educating the users, and enforcing the laws/codes already enacted. In regards to illegal fires and treading lightly; if cost is a concern, spend the time educating forest users and enforcing the rules and regulations already in place. This would be beneficial to all users and save dramatically more money and manpower than the enforcement cost of this new proposed closure. Blocking someone from using a resource “helps” the resource one time; teaching someone to use the resource respectfully, has a lifelong benefit to the resource as a whole. We do not support Route Designation Measure "D". We do however believe that and support measure A as the best alternative. Please take into consideration the life style we love, live by and future generations will robbed of the privilege to be able to enjoy our forests utilizing motorized exploration in all its forms. Everyone in this great State should have the right and privilege to enjoy the forests. This is possible through responsible management, not closure. Further, I can assure you many organized clubs/groups and motivated civilians would donate time, labor and money in order to work in conjunction with the Forest Service to keep/maintain the Forest and its routes open for all to enjoy, generations to come. I hope our voice will not fall upon def ears when making your decision regarding route closure.

Sincerely,

The undersigned.

This shit is getting carried away. Sent mine in earlier. Revolution anyone?

Back