• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yet another 8.8 swap question

devildog12210

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on putting the 8.8 w/ disc brakes I have been building under my 92 cherokee tomorrow. There is only one thing I am still a little hazy about and that is hooking up the brakes. I have reran the hard lines and bought two passenger lines. Will I be able to reuse the stock distribution block? I already have the extended rear brake line and I know on the factory set up there are two hard lines going to the block as opposed to the explorers block being built into the drivers side soft line. I assume that it is all 3/16 line w/ domestic thread fittings?

I don't want to run into problems tomorrow and this is the last thing I need to cross off of my list.

pretty sure explorers were metric by the time they got disk brakes, so the brake lines should be metric. stock distribution block off of what?

that suckss cuz cherokees are. so they still wont work!:moon:

No their not.

Use your existing XJ hose/junction block, run hard lines from there to your Explorer hose's at the calipers, same standard thread. Put a 95 8.8 disc on my 96 XJ and that's what worked for me.

Well guys everything bolted up great. I ended up having to make another hard line because I couldn't get them ran like I wanted to. Brakes seem a little sluggish but they stop.

This was my first time ever installing gears. Everything is great under acceleration but whenever coasting the rear end has a slight roar to it. I'll have to see if anything chances after a few miles. If not I'll just take it in and pay someone to do them like I should have to begin with.

Back