• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yes, it is a "frame"

dizzymac said:
5-90 you need to get well soon, many of us depending on you to see what little goodie you will come up with next...speedy recovery.
As far as the frame, I know we have a frame (OEM calls it "rail"), for without this frame I would not have a place to attach my rust.....LOL
Happy Holidays...............gary

Thank you. Actually, I've been doing a little design work (since I can't do much of anything else - damn broken ribs...) and working on a few ideas. We'll see what comes to pass from those.

My prototype schedule has been out of whack tho - the fan clutch eliminator and AW4 adapter fittings are pushed back to late 1Q2006 (they were originally going to be out at 1st 2006,) and that's just something I gotta deal with. The bad thing about healing major trauma is that it takes TIME. Ugh.

5-90

Jackhill442 said:
Just kinda got tired of everyone saying snide remarks about it. QUOTE]

I have found mine to be far to expensive for mockery!

scorpio_vette said:
frame or no frame, it's still crap. being a unibody is the only thing i hate about my cherokee. but i wanted a jeep that my 3 dogs would fit in and would still be good offroad. so i'll have to deal with it.

I suppose it depends on what you use it for partly, but I'm under the impression that the unibody and its weight distribution, as well as relatively light overall weight, are part of what contribute to the XJ being a relatively safe vehicle compared to truck-based SUV's. Of course Jeep, like any other manufacturer, have engineered their way around a different design, just as Ford did with the Explorer....oh yeah, except they didn't, did they?

Back