• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yea, or Nay?

I say not worth it, to big and awkward. May as well just grab the correct size wrench. It is the same for the DogBone tools out, so what if it has 20 different sizes if it is to big to work anywhere.

I bought it, and tried to install my tie ins from JCR

Not for me. I couldn't get it to fit on the inside of the bumper mounts, so I tried using it to get the steering box bolts out.
As you turn the bionic wrench you have to grip it tighter to make it grip the bolt, and there is no locking function on it.
And after everything, if you can fit this you can probably fit a ratchet, and save some time

tools are either for:
1) vaginas, as the product you linked.
2) average guys (the majority of craftsman stuff)
3) professional (snap-on, matco)

I can see 1's from a mile away, i knew what you were talking about before i even saw the link...

My mom bought me the same wrench a while back in the discount bin. It is used when I need to pull a nut off a gate, or some other random use around the house. Makes a decent "bang on the part in frustration" device as well.

As for being a wrench, $19.99 at Sears will get you a halfway decent socket set with ratchet and do more jobs better.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1072164

I say not worth it, to big and awkward. May as well just grab the correct size wrench. It is the same for the DogBone tools out, so what if it has 20 different sizes if it is to big to work anywhere.

i have a dogbone and its been stupid useful. and i have used a the handle of a 3/8 socket wrench in it to create a breaker bar i would totally recommend throwing one in your toolbox.

i have a dogbone and its been stupid useful. and i have used a the handle of a 3/8 socket wrench in it to create a breaker bar i would totally recommend throwing one in your toolbox.

I have an actual breaker bar and if needed my floor jack handle slips right onto it. Why would I want to use a dogbone for a breaker bar? With the way it is set up I could see it failing under extreme pressure like that or even just the things rotating causing problems.

I was actually messing around with this earlier in the store. The problem is as the size of the bolt/nut gets bigger, the more spread out the handle is leading to less grip on the handle. Since there's no locking feature, the bigger the hardware, the stronger your grip better be.

I have an actual breaker bar and if needed my floor jack handle slips right onto it. Why would I want to use a dogbone for a breaker bar? With the way it is set up I could see it failing under extreme pressure like that or even just the things rotating causing problems.

what im saying is there are more uses than you might think. like using it as a breaker bar when at the PAP to pull some seats with just a small set of sockets and a multi-tip screw driver and a dogbone, it came in handy. i guess i could have explained that better before. i like bringing a small amount of tools that fit in my pockets when scouting the PAP before committing to hauling around a bunch o tools.
and i dont think its any more problematic than the two box/open wrench combo for creating a breaker bar ya know?

If it were a good idea and worked well, it would be in wide circulation because it has had about 40 years since I first saw it and the dogbone.

Around here, the mexicans swear by craftsman socket sets... it all comes full circle.

Ive used random peices of steel tubing for breaker bars in a pinch at the junkyard... that doesnt make them toolbox worthy... or tools at all for that matter.

I have a dogbone that someone gave me for a christmas gift. I use them for emergency tools in a four wheeler or trunk of a car or whatnot as a better-than-nothing last ditch effort tool away from civilization type of thing. Sort of like a leatherman. I have a few of those and there's at least one in each of our cars in the door map-pocket or glovebox, "just in case".

Back