• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj's ever have a cargo cover?

So, for the 97+ the only one available is the clip on cover with a small or large spare tire mounted inside. I dont have a spare inside anymore. Does anyone know of one that fits without a spare tire?

Ive got 5% tint on all but the front two windows and recently got a ticket...soooo, I dont know what Im gonna do. I really wish there was a nice retractable one that fit the look of the factory interior. Oh well.

Blaine B. said:
I thought they were retractable, but had a cutout for a spare? Meaning you could use it without the spare......but there was a cutout to accomodate the spare.

That is correct.

You got a ticket for having tint on the rear windows?

Limo's do it all the time!

Usually a law only applies to the front window.....

Pretty much the rear windows are left unregulated. Think of a repair van - they don't even have rear windows most of the time!

Something doesn't sound right about that ticket.....and besides, were you doing something reckless? Usually a police officer won't notice tint unless he actually notices you doing something "scary".........not enough to warrant a ticket, but he has to give you "something."

shipping is only like 10 bucks...put it in a poster tube, and mail the brackets in a us postal box. 10, MAYBE 15 bucks.

Not according to USPS. I entered the demensions 48"x3"x3" and a total weight of 4lbs. The estimate was $18 before I bought the packaging.

Make a hard cover out of cardboard or thin plywood cover to suit. A plywood one would permit storage on top as well as under.

idk what you guys have so much of a problem with. $18 is NOT much for shipping on a rather bulky item. i ship snowmobile motors COMPLETE with clutch, secondary, exhaust, intake, wiring, oil can, coolant system, and handlebars for less than $120 and i don't even get a discount or anything.

if you don't want to pay for a box, don't. go to a small local retail store that ships via ups and ask for a box. they'll give it to you. if it has the right length or height dimensions but is too wide, you cut out the middle portion of it, put the item in with newspaper packing, put the ends together (one slid over the other), and tape the sucker up. a roll of shipping tape is 2 bucks, box is free, buyer pays shipping.

If I can send a set of xj bucket seats complete in one box (bottoms removed, headrest removed, folded seats, and put the bottoms and headrest in the box), and their brackets in the other box, all for less than $80, you can SURELY ship the cover for $11 or $12.

(p.s. I shipped the a-pillar trim and a bunch of smaller trim piecs for a comanche in a 4"x27"x37" box for $10.13.)

Back