• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Sand Dune Set Up

Your stock 2000 should do fine. The only time I've gotten stuck at the dunes with when I've high centered or been underwater (oops). So if you make sure you've got the momentum to carry you up and over the top of stuff you'll be fine. I had my stock XJ all over the place at the dunes before I put my lift on.

Vegas Baja...thanks for the pics and advice...How do those shocks affect the road manners of your XJ?

SLC Punk...thanks for the great links.

I was thinking of throwing some paddles on our desert trucks but I really think for vehicles with smaller engines just some wide tires would be good. I was thinking those super swamper sts in like a 15" wide if they make them. Did we mention locker already?

My thoughts too.....sand robs power, paddles in sand rob power X 2.

Had my 2000 in the sand again last weekend and it made me long for a stroker....or a turbo....or a turbo stroker. :dunno:

My thoughts too.....sand robs power, paddles in sand rob power X 2.

Had my 2000 in the sand again last weekend and it made me long for a stroker....or a turbo....or a turbo stroker. :dunno:

I got back from that trip with two things in mind.

1. I need to throw my 12.5s on instead of my 10.5 wide tires when I hit the sand.

2. I am now looking for a 258 crank and rods.

And so it begins... I may never get my bronco or my yoda done :confused1

The paddles I got were free. They came off my buddy's double throw down sand car.

100_3980-1.jpg

We're gonna cut off every other paddle to see if we even get any wheel spin.
If not, we're gonna keep cutting paddles until we do.
If we cant make them work, they'll go in the trash.
For free, I gotta try...:D

Well if you cut all of them in half maybe? Or if you end up cutting all of them you could try really low psi and run them like slicks.

M/T baja claws work almost as well as paddles and you can drive on the street too!

But for sand, other than the claws.. I would say Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's or some Bridgestone Dueler A/T REVO's

Back