• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Rear D44 Brakes

old_man said:
I have been running an XJ D44 for about 5 years. If you check the specs, you will find that the XJ D44 comes with 11" x 2" rear brakes. Just go to Autozone or one of the other sites and look up an 88 XJ. The D35 runs 10 x 2.5"ers.

I do believe. old_man where did you get your 44?
What site is that? That scares me.

#52001915Brake DrumCrown$80.95

Vehicle:
1987 – 1990 Jeep Cherokee
Fits Chassis: Cherokee, XJ, With Model 44 axle, 10" x 2-1/2"
Description:
DRUM, REAR BRAKE DRUM, 10" x 2 1/2", FITS RIGHT OR LEFT, SOLD INDIVIDUALLY -- OEM Quality And Fit For Dependable Service

Last edited:
You got 11" drums? Lucky dog!!!

I think if you had enough $$$ you could order anything you want. Who knows what could have been swapped out in the last 20 years. After all, it's only two decades! LOL

Its been awhile since I shopped for D44 parts so I just double checked Napa and Autozone and they do offer D44 and D35 drums, both are 10" in diameter but their width measurements are different. NAPA says the D44 drums are 3.60 wide (brake surface width) and the D35 drums are 3.05" wide. Still, the D44 drums are about .5" wider then the D35.

Back