• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Newb checking in...

Babe Tomahawk

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I'd make a quick post as a new NAXJA member.

Just picked up my first Jeep, a 1997 XJ back in October. Recently moved to Colorado and quickly realized I needed a 4x4 to get around where I live. First Jeep I've ever owned, and love it. Cheap, rugged, and flat out gets the job done. Could use a little TLC as with most rigs this age, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the Cherokee scene and being a part of the Colorado NAXJA chapter.

Cheers!

:thumbup:Welcome to the frameless and shameless

Oh and I loved my old 97' post up some pics of the newly acquired money pit.

Welcome, What part of the Rockies are you in?

Welcome, What part of the Rockies are you in?

Morrison to be exact (just changed my profile to be more accurate)

...' post up some pics of the newly acquired money pit.

Here she is in all her glory...honestly, it's the only pic I have at the moment. I'll grab one tomorrow sans snow.

IMAG00611.jpg

That is actually a GREAT pic -- welcome aboard, can we call you Mic?

... welcome aboard, can we call you Mic?

Haha - sure why not

Ahhhh A 2 door! Mic that looks like a nice setup! Which part of morrison? close to red rocks?

I actually live closer to Connifer, right off 285, but still not too far from the Red Rocks.

We bought an older home with minimal garage space (a project for a day down the road) and I've found it's quite a challenge working on the Jeep in the winter. I hope this nice weather we're having this week will last through the weekend, I need to install a pair of shackles since the poor old leafs are sagging a bit.

cue the 97 hater parade in

Oh come awn..... There has to be a couple good '97's out there some where. I personally have never come across one, but I'm optimistic his may be one of 'em...... sure..... Right?

Sorry...... I have a love/hate relationship with my '97...... Mostlly hate....:banghead:

But hey..... Welcome!

Welcome! Sounds like you're not to far from me. I can see Red Rocks but am over near 470 and Alameda.

Welcome! Sounds like you're not to far from me. I can see Red Rocks but am over near 470 and Alameda.

Yup - that's not that far from me.

cue the 97 hater parade in

Okay so looks like I have some homework to do, i.e. reading the stickies and FAQ's, but why the hate for the '97 model? Is it because it was the first year run of a new generation Cherokee?

Granted, mine suffered from maintenance neglect, the shock mounts were literally sheared off when I got it...

IMAG0038c.jpg

I'm still chipping away at a list of things that need repair or replacement, but all things considered....I love this thing.

97 = multitude of electrical gremlins... particularly automatic trannys.

Back