• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Fire Ext.mount Location?

Markos said:
FYI, I think you can remove the plastic trim off the bottom of the seat. That item is eating up the room. I keep my mag light in that location. The extinguiser is in the cargo area cubby. Not the best location, I know...

Removing trim not an option considering that the power seat switchs are there. Also the console on 99's are pretty wide, so mounting on side of console would put ext. into leg area.:wow:
All the rules for organized trail riding say fire ext. must be with-in reach, so cargo area not an option. Maybe I can strap it to my leg, apparently no one has found a good spot. It must be a "damn Jeep thing" that we don't understand.:helpme:

I haven't looked at my 2000 yet but I know I have seen people mount them in front of the seat, on the floor. I have seen bracket made that attach to the front seat mounting bolts and then the extinguisher bracket mounts to that. Keeps it out of the way but right where you can reach down and get it. Doesn't work well if you need to move the seat forward a lot but if not, it might be an option.

sjd78 said:
I would like to see a pic. I have one and was going to put it there but it was a bit too big. What size is everyone running?

I will not carry anything less than an ABC rated 5# extinguisher. I have tried all sizes and the smaller ones just don't get the job done. I mount mine in the cargo area on a rack that I built. It sits by the drivers side window close to the hatch door.

Back