• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ died on me while driving to work...

I replaced my CPS and returned the old one. So in total I spent $32 on the coil and got a free CPS... :roflmao:

That's called stealing. You are a thief.

As a general guideline, if you get something "for free" from a store that expects you to pay for that thing, it's called stealing. Stop being a parasite.

This is a good day, I replaced the coil and now she's alive again. Stupid "made in Japan" electronics... I don't have a multimeter nor can I read one lol. But I replaced my CPS and returned the old one. So in total I spent $32 on the coil and got a free CPS... :roflmao:
Can we ban? We don't want ****sticks like this guy hangin around giving us a bad name. Someone go confiscate his XJ.

I dunno, but I am thinking I will find where he parks and replace his engine with a hydrolocked one while he's asleep. Free engine, right?

I dunno, but I am thinking I will find where he parks and replace his engine with a hydrolocked one while he's asleep. Free engine, right?
Mine's been hydro'd, 2 yrs ago and still runs, but I wouldn't mind a newer never been hydrolocked engine.

Tool: Its what you are AND what you need.

No, tools are useful, serve a purpose and have value, this POS douchebag theif scumbag does not meet that criteria.

Listen this isn't a free-for-all for mouthy sons of ******* like 98NWsomethingorother. So since he wants to run his mouth, he can be so kind as to run me through exactly how to use a multimeter. Unless of coarse he's just going to be a wise-ass then I wish he would be the poor sap to buy that 155k CPS I returned... But until then I'm not here to be judged, or ridiculed... So learn me something "OH MIGHTY 98NWCherokee"...

Listen this isn't a free-for-all for mouthy sons of ******* like 98NWsomethingorother. So since he wants to run his mouth, he can be so kind as to run me through exactly how to use a multimeter. Unless of coarse he's just going to be a wise-ass then I wish he would be the poor sap to buy that 155k CPS I returned... But until then I'm not here to be judged, or ridiculed... So learn me something "OH MIGHTY 98NWCherokee"...

Your profile says that you are a mechanic. I am also a mechanic, a marine mechanic, but still a mechanic. I am not going to bash on you for a lack of skill or knowledge, but only for your admitted actions. The comment I personally made was to the fact that it was a really douchebag move to return your old sensor. Although I will say this about your lack of knowledge on how to work a multimeter:
1. Learn to use it and use it well, it will help you personally and make you a better mechanic.
2. Throwing parts at a problem is a sign of an unexperienced mechanic or a lazy one.
3. The mechanics that make the most money are the ones that are best at diagnostics.
4. Diagnosing a problem correctly BEFORE repairs saves time and money.
5. The best mechanics take it upon themselves to learn the most about their trade and are always trying to learn new skills even on their own time and own dime.

The above is meant to help you, not to be a jerk in any way, please take it as such. Another thing to remember is that you should treat people, companies, places you buy\return parts to the way you would want to be treated.

I'm so sorry everybody, all of you are so perfect in every way and have never done anything shitty in your life! Just keep your ***hole comments to yourself. And knock it off with the damn biblical crap.

I'm so sorry everybody, all of you are so perfect in every way and have never done anything shitty in your life! Just keep your ***hole comments to yourself. And knock it off with the damn biblical crap.

Who quoted the bible? I gave you some advice based on my life experience and my experience as a mechanic in an effort to help you. I hope some day you can see it that way.

knock it off with the calling me a biblical whatever. I'm somewhere between athiest and agnostic and I still think you're a total shitbag for returning used parts. Stealing is stealing, I don't care what religion you believe in or don't believe in, it's still wrong.

Stop being a crappy person and I'll stop crappin' on you.

Yes, everyone's done shitty stuff in their lifetime. The difference is that most of us don't go boasting about it on internet forums, and most of us regret it instead of thinking it's something to try again.

EDIT: oh, and I hope that when your fuel pump and NSS go south, the ones you buy from the auto store to replace them with are ones some other dirtbag returned used.

Locked in 3.....2.......1.........:laugh2:

Someone start calling parts stores in Long Valley, NJ until you find one that recently had a CPS for an 88 XJ returned.

Then tell them what he did.

probably the same weaseldork that complains about the price of things and the "windfall profits" of corporations-- it's actions like yours that make prices go up. Every time you steal from a business, you pay for it the next time you buy something.

probably the same weaseldork that complains about the price of things and the "windfall profits" of corporations-- it's actions like yours that make prices go up. Every time you steal from a business, you pay for it the next time you buy something.

Hey guys I found this semi trailer full of gasoline parked on the side of the highway. It was hooked up to a semi truck, but no big deal, I unhooked it and took the trailer home, and replaced it with a trailer full of horse piss, they'll never notice and now I have free gas, this is awesome!

I like how IM the one who's running my mouth and being a wise-ass for pointing out that he's arrogantly boasting about stealing a part. I wasn't talking down to you or trying to school you...only pointing out that saying you don't know, followed by LOL, is not an excuse for justifying your actions.

Plus, if you'd bothered to actually read or absorb the information this forum provides you would have used the link that Joe provided for how to learn to read a multi-meter. You're right, no one is perfect and we've all done shit in our lives but refusing to learn from your poor choices is no way to go through life.

Last edited:
Back