• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Dana 44

N8 DAWG said:
Sorry, all my money goes to the "Gotta Buy Diapers For Kids and Nice Things For My Wife Before XJ Parts Fund" :dunno:
Don't worry, you'll understand someday soon. :rattle: :smoker: :banghead:

This sounds ERRIELY familiar.....

rock rash said:
Ok. Hes the one selling it, so atleast now i know he is worth dealing with. Still need to gather money!

Hey lets start a buy an axle for rockrash fund....we can use my paypal account......yeah thats it.....I will turn it over when weze gots enough...honest I will......

im asking $600 for mine and it has 4.56s and is welded. If it was open I would expect around the same. So I think its a good price.
DIG IT!

If I remember the ad right, he said $600 and it's in parts...if you can scrounge up 5 C-notes wave that in front of him and see if he'll take it. Pull the cover and check the pattern when you bring it home

He has a good rep. He also does a lot of gear setups. I haven't heard any complaints.

This is my old 44 that I sold to Tim88XJ, "new 0-mile" tapco MJ44>to XJ, alloy spool, 4.56:1 Spicer gears factory shafts & brakes, 30,000 miles total, a few of them were bumpy... $400 delivered needing brake shoes/wheel cyls/line, XJ-YJ? e-brake cables and a pinion seal. IIRC I had approx $850 into it

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54665&highlight=Dana+casting

So I'd say that price is fair... especially if the brakes are mostly servicible, cables fit & such.

OTOH as noted, 44s in OEM-old shape sell for almost as much as a used/built ax. I have a OEM 100k MJ44 3.07/open needing brake work, regear etc... & I wouldn't take any less than $300 for it.

:dunno:

Back