• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Dana 44 for sale

blacksheep01

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I changed my mind. I am going to stick with my 8.25, so my XJ Dana 44 is for sale. It is from a xj with the towing package so it has bigger (10") brake drums. All the brake parts are either new or in excellant working condition. It was gone through by Blue Menthals in Oklahoma City and everything is straight and ready to go. It still has the stock gears (3.55). I am in no hurry to sell this so please no rediculous offers. I guess if I don't sell it I will throw it under the Jeep eventually. Asking $450 OBO. I can send pics if wanted, but it is a Dana 44 in excellant condition. It is dirty and needs paint and the brakes put back on, then it is ready to go. A lot of money was spent on parts and having it gone through, but I would rather have the money for now.
Thanks,
Blacksheep
[email protected]

It has new brake shoes, as well as other new brake parts and was professionally gone through by a very reputable shop in OKC. I've seen axles go for $350 that have none of this, and the sellers know nothing about there axle. This one is guranteed to be good, or I will give every penny back. It also has the 10" brake drums that could help with stopping larger tires better than a regular xj D44s with the smaller 8" brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I am going to sweetin' the pot here. If you buy my D44 I will throw in a high pinion D30 housing with 4.56 gears for $450. For $700 I will you can buy my brand new, in the box JKS ACOS and my brand new HD Engineering Shackle Relocation Brackets. I have just decided I want another project and I am going to go another route on my XJ. What I am hoping to get is a 2wd K-5 Chevy Blazer. So if you have in decent shape that is a $700 value, I will trade. I am also going to repost this with another add title, so first come first serve. I may be slightly negotiable, but not very much, I am already losing some at this price. BS01
[email protected]

Last edited:
Check your PM's again ;) now you have me really interested even if I have to drive to OK :)

My challege is I wanted to regear my 2.5L to 4.88 for some highway power. I am not sure if 4.56 is enough.

I'm looking for yours or other input... running 32's with 3" lift and will not be going bigger.

Let me check with the shop. I would think they would install 4.88's for me a lot cheaper with axles off a truck rather than on. If not I still want to try and get that D44 anyway... maybe a road trip after Christmas is in my future ;)

I'll pay $350 shipped. If you want / need to get rid of it let me know. If I will be in the OKC area soon I will let you know. We are bidding on a project in OK so maybe I will be up your way... or maybe a co-worker.

Back