• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Custom Bumper with Swing Down Tire Carrier

What is that armor you have on the sides of the rear quarter panels? How is it attached? Where did you get it and how is it built? Please, I NEED that stuff.:anon:

Does the tire carrier bobble n bounce back n forth when running down a bumpy road?

doo you have any pics of the front fender flares on that XJ, i couldnt help but notice the tube rears. Thinking of how i want to do that in the front.

Nice bumper/carrier.

Nevermind, answered my own question

Cruzin Illusion said:
I don't have pictures of the bumper mount. I should have taken some and might be able to get a few tomorrow. I built the mounts so they attach to the stock location and so they rapped under and mount to the unibody frame rails. Plus there is a 1 1/2" x 3", 1/4" wall piece that is attached to both arms that attach to the unibody frame rail that the hitch is attached to.

Sorry to bring up an old Thread but have you dug up anymore pics of this bumper and any updates on how the owner likes it???

One more question if you please. Does it take two people to get that spare up and latched into place? Looks like a job for Superman or at least Hulk Hogan.

Whiteknight said:
Sorry to bring up an old Thread but have you dug up anymore pics of this bumper and any updates on how the owner likes it???

The owner loves it and it works perfect.

0066.JPG

0076_jpg.jpg

0142_jpg.JPG

mikeforte said:
One more question if you please. Does it take two people to get that spare up and latched into place? Looks like a job for Superman or at least Hulk Hogan.

It's actually not that bad. I watched him open and close it by himself a few times and had no problems.

Ok cruzin so what do you charge to build another or something of you design and im only runnin 31's...........

nice job, looks really nice

I see that high mounted tire was the ticket on that departure angle on the steep rock climb. Mine isn't mounted nearly that high, I'm going to incorporate a skip-plate underneath to address that.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but do you still have this tire carrier? If you do, do you still like it? If you got rid of it why?

He is still running the tire carrier and loves it. If I built another one for myself, I would lower the tire down and tilt it forward towards the window. But as for clearance and strength it is great.

Back