• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj 8 inch short arm coils bowing forward

This is incorrect. Looks at the geometry and angle of the arms with db's and long arms. The physics do add up. In fact, they LITERALLY add up. Just sayin.

how? when rotating on a larger radius a lot of the harshness should be soaked up. maybe when talking 10mph it's unnoticeable, but doing 25mph over the same rough terrain, the arms are still short with the DB no matter what way you cut it

you see what I'm trying to get at? I might be terrible at explaining it but I drew this out awhile back. long arms have more room to cycle up and down where the DB's still want to travel backwards at a certain point. I guess it depends on you're setup how often you even get to that point?

tell me if I'm retarded. it just doesn't make sense to me

don't read any fighting or anger in the above text. If your ever over this way, let's go wheeling!

I do agree that OP needs to lose some lift. and I would still love to see some pics of the setup.

No, I didn't read any of that into what you said. I was just trying to explain in detail what was done and what my experience was. And yea, maybe I'll head out that way to try something new, thanks for the invite!:wave:

Oh, and the only thing I changed (at a later date) was the shocks. I went from the usual double tube white shock to Bilstein 5150's with the stiffer valving. Another huge difference.

Last edited:
There's no more bowing the pinion angle is perfect and it drives mint just had to adjust lower control arms out more

Really? At 8.5" of lift, there's no way you could have the pinion angle correct and the springs not bowed a certain amount without rotating the axles. If you have the pinion angle perfect, the caster will be way off, it would have basically no self centering or very little. Trust me, I know this from personal experience.

With that being said, if you've got it close enough that you are happy with it, then that's all that counts.

Back