• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ 25th Anniversary Event in Oct.

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I know it's 6months away but, I'm getting excited.....let's talk about this trip.:D
Who's planning on going?

I'm planning on it. I hope to travel with a convoy of MWC XJ's on I-70. I'll be leaving in the early morning hours of Saturday the 4th. Hopefully stop for the night somewhere close the the KS/CO border. It'll be a long day of driving for sure. Get some quick ZZZ's and a shower at a cheap hotel, and leave that next morning to arrive in Moab, Sunday evening. I've not got the particulars of it yet, but there is a senic route that you can take to get to Moab from I-70,( I believe that's correct). I'd like to do that on the way in if possible.

I'll head for home Sunday the 12th. taking the same route home.

What's your plans for this trip?

HaleYes said:
I know it's 6months away but, I'm getting excited.....let's talk about this trip.:D
Who's planning on going?

I'm planning on it. I hope to travel with a convoy of MWC XJ's on I-70. I'll be leaving in the early morning hours of Saturday the 4th. Hopefully stop for the night somewhere close the the KS/CO border. It'll be a long day of driving for sure. Get some quick ZZZ's and a shower at a cheap hotel, and leave that next morning to arrive in Moab, Sunday evening. I've not got the particulars of it yet, but there is a senic route that you can take to get to Moab from I-70,( I believe that's correct). I'd like to do that on the way in if possible.

I'll head for home Sunday the 12th. taking the same route home.

What's your plans for this trip?
Pretty much the same thing :D

Edit: the scenic route to Moab from I70 is SR 128, it follows the Colorado River around the border of Arches Nat'l Park inito town. Definately worth the extra time.

Last edited:
I've been to Moab about 7-8 times, so the thing I'm really looking forward to is showing it to y'all who haven't been there before. I believe I've taken some pretty good pictures out there, but those are just the palest reflection of the awesomeness of being there and seeing it for yourself...

We usually drive to Denver the first day, which is a looooong day, leaving about 5-5:30am and getting there about 8-9pm. But there's really nothing worth seeing between here and there so why not get it over with?

Then we can take our time going through the mountains, stop at a couple scenic rest areas, take it easy on the tow rig, and still get to Moab mid-afternoon.

But, it looks like we will going to Sedona for the week before, so we will have a different scenic drive this time.

Unfortunately, I'll be there two weeks earlier.

IntrepidXJ said:
Give me a call....maybe we can hook up while you are out here :)
That'd be very cool.
Land Rover National Rally Sept 16-20.
I'll be a sponsoring vendor. Come check it out.
I plan to bring out the buggy, a Rover or two, and lots of swag.
I'll try to keep these guys away: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=951052

I have a camping spot reserved. I can't leave till Monday morning though. I haven't been out west for 20 something years. I'm really looking forward to it.

Planning on leaving sometime around saturday the 4th and making it a two day drive to arrive sometime on sunday. Have the cabin from sunday night through the following monday (8 nights i think).

Dragging the gooseneck with my buggy and Pat's XJ on it, also have another guy coming thats bringing his dirtbike.

Once I nail down the exact times that everyone in my group can leave, I'll know exactly when we'll be leaving...but am cool with a convoy as the date gets closer...

mac 'got a buggy to finish' gyvr

Roxtar said:
That'd be very cool.
Land Rover National Rally Sept 16-20.
I'll be a sponsoring vendor. Come check it out.
I plan to bring out the buggy, a Rover or two, and lots of swag.
I'll try to keep these guys away: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=951052

damn, those dates suck. my sister is getting married that weekend, and it will be the one time this year I am back in IL for a few days

We may acctually be able to make this. I start a new job on Monday and will have paid vacation time by then. We like to leave on Friday night and drive to middle of Iowa and them make it a two day drive from there. We like to take our time going through the mountains and get to Moab mid-day Sun.

jeeplas said:
We may acctually be able to make this. I start a new job on Monday and will have paid vacation time by then....

Rev Den said:

X2!

Moab just wouldn't be right without you and Sean there!

Congrats on the new job!

I've officially axed my Moab trip. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
Yes, fuel costs are one of the main reasons as well as several other factors. It's just not in the cards. I need other stuff worse than I need to go to Moab.

I'll get out there eventually.

that sucks Hale. Don't feel bad i can't afford to go myself need to get a new place, Pay the Jeep off, get my tooth fixed, etc. I would love to go and ride some of the trails out there.

Back