• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTT my 4.5" rubicon coil springs for a 3" spring

casual

NAXJA Forum User
Really want the rusty HD 3" coils..the stiffer ones.
But I'm open to whatever. The rubicon coils look great and still have the original silver paint. They gave roughly 5" of lift to a cherokee that had a 3/16" bumper on the front. So no they aren't sagging!
Only reason I want to trade is because the leafs I received are 3-3.5" and a 1" block..I'd perfer to not run the block, so I'm getting a smaller front coil!

Please don't offer me your old sagging, rusty coils! Also not asking for cash or anything on top. My coils are ready to go, you cover shipping on your end and I'll cover mine, or you can deliver them and we can swap!

I actually didn't think about shackles. I just saw the blocks and toss them..
How much lift is the MJ shackles worth, 1" or 1.5"...any junkyard shackles I could use?

mj shacles are only good for about 1/2" of lift
if youree interested i have a set of Rancho coils and some 21" spacers that add up to 3" or so of lift. also have some v8 zj coils i coiuld throw in. let me know.

Grab a JKS 1" boomerang shackle. Or a shackle relocation box. Or just rock it with the butt an inch lower than the front...:D

Actually Kamaran, auto zone sells a shackle called a "lowering shackle" but they will work if you reverse them and use them as a lift shackle. They are only like 40 bucks!

Actually Kamaran, auto zone sells a shackle called a "lowering shackle" but they will work if you reverse them and use them as a lift shackle. They are only like 40 bucks!

now thats scary...

Please don't offer me your old sagging, rusty coils! Also not asking for cash or anything on top. My coils are ready to go, you cover shipping on your end and I'll cover mine, or you can deliver them and we can swap!

How about some yellow springs?

I'll throw in a can of silver paint.

john_bull_may_09.jpg

Color doesn't matter to me. Thats what paint is for...More or less I want a 3" coil with a semi-stiff spring rate.175-190lbs...
What coils are those? I think I have them traded..just waiting for 100% confirmation.

Actually, these "lowering shackles" are for vehicles like GM trucks that run the shackle above their frame-side mount point. So, a longer shackle for those lowers them, and would raise your xj, due to how they are mounted. Some of the dakota guys use the 1/2 ton GM "lowering shackles" to gain some lift.

Actually, these "lowering shackles" are for vehicles like GM trucks that run the shackle above their frame-side mount point. So, a longer shackle for those lowers them, and would raise your xj, due to how they are mounted. Some of the dakota guys use the 1/2 ton GM "lowering shackles" to gain some lift.

Yeah they work good. Same thing as a lift shackle! The will give the XJ a 2" lift.

Back