• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: XJ D44 axle shaft - pass side @NACFest?

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
So Bob realized he needs a passenger side Dana44 axle shaft for his XJ. Would very much like to have it for NACFest so... If you're coming to NACFest, and have an XJ D44 axle shaft for the passenger side, lemme know your price and we'll try and work it out. TIA

Tim

I have a set that I can bring with me. I have the ZJ disc brake setup on my XJ, so would just need to cut out a little spacer piece to use them. $100 for the set?

LMk...
A.

Andy, not being familiar with a ZJ brake setup on an XJ 44, what kind of spacer would he need? these would be trail spares so we'd need to be able to swap them in if he busts one. Any specs of pics would be appreciated, he's definitely interested just wants to be sure we can use them at NACFest. Thanks!

What rear brakes does he have? Stock drums? I remember you guys taking them all apart at NAC-Fest a few years ago. This spacer makes up for the backing plate thickness of the ZJ disc brake setup. The spacer holds the outer seal in place. It goes between the outer seal and the mounting plate. Its just a skinny little 1/4" thick (maybe, might be thinner than that) spacer that you guys can cut out with a whiz wheel to run these shafts with stock brakes. The bearings/seals are fairly new too. I went alloy when I switched to 5 on 5.5, so I can't use them. They have been in my garage since Paragon days when I built the D44 and made the rear lug pattern match the front.

Andy, I think we're good now, but thank you for the offer.

Back