• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: Reliable 4-door

peterjford

NAXJA Forum User
My Jetta TDI is going back to Volkswagen and I need a daily driver. I was thinking about buying a GTI, but that would just get me into trouble so I think what I really need is a reliable XJ. The only requirements it that it is reliable and it's a 4-door. Preferably no off-road mods, in fact a 2WD would be fine. I would even take a 4 cyl, but probably not the 2.8l.

I originally thought my XJ would make a good daily driver, but it does not. The front axle needs to be redone with new (unbent) housing, steering, brakes, and swaybar attachment points and of course that can't be done quick enough to get it back on the road for DD duties. I am also getting new tires soon and don't want to chew them up on the street.

Keep the Jetta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Buy a MKIV TDI

Keep the Jetta

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

With the used parts market soon to be potentially flooded; how are the seats in these things?

The EPA might approve a fix for the 2010, but CARB won't. That means I would probably not be able to register it in a couple of years.

The Jetta was very comfortable, great torque, excellent mpg. The only problem I had with mine is the radio/infotainment screen went black. It still worked and since I sort of remembered where all the touch screen buttons were I could still use it. It was replaced under warranty.

The seats were good, very comfortable on long trips and my wife liked that they were heated. If you really want great seats, you have to get them from a Jetta TDI cup model, or from a GTI. Those are excellent seats. I really want a set for my XJ, but the newer ones have the airbag in the side bolster.

Back