• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Rear driveshaft for 2001 XJ

HappyDog

NAXJA Forum User
I need the rear driveshaft for a 2001 4WD with automatic and a new-to-me 1995 C8.25.

My current driveshaft is for a D35 and is too long -- I am not lifting this Jeep.

In late 1999 Jeep changed the transfer case and driveshaft by eliminating the slip yoke in the transfer case, so I need a late-model driveshaft.

MarkW and I plan to parts-train stuff between his place (San Diego) to mine (Santa Barbara).

I need the rear driveshaft for a 2001 4WD with automatic and a new-to-me 1995 C8.25.

My current driveshaft is for a D35 and is too long -- I am not lifting this Jeep.

In late 1999 Jeep changed the transfer case and driveshaft by eliminating the slip yoke in the transfer case, so I need a late-model driveshaft.

MarkW and I plan to parts-train stuff between his place (San Diego) to mine (Santa Barbara).

they did?

they did?

What do you expect me to answer other than Yes?

They moved the slip yoke to the driveshaft itself so it is similar to the the front driveshaft, the exception being that there is no grease nipple which makes it difficult to lube.

you either have a sye someone else installed, or a different tcase. np231 and np242 do not have a fixed yoke from the factory.

My friend with an 01 aw4 np231 is running the rear shaft out of my 99 currently, which is exactly the same as EVERY other rear driveshaft I've seen. It's too bad you are located in "CA" if you were closer I have a spare driveshaft you can have.

Well that was educational! *

Thank you for the gentle insistence that I go look under my 2001 again and refresh my memory -- it's just as you describe and exactly like the '97.

I'm glad you pointed out my error so I will be looking for the correct driveshaft -- if I had been able to find what I wanted it would not have worked anyway.

Thanks everyone!

* An education is what you get when you are surprised by the results.

My friend with an 01 aw4 np231 is running the rear shaft out of my 99 currently, which is exactly the same as EVERY other rear driveshaft I've seen. It's too bad you are located in "CA" if you were closer I have a spare driveshaft you can have.

Umm, that's CA as in California, not CA as in Canada.

I will be travelling through Torrance on Saturday -- can we meet up?

Please send me a PM.

Thanks!

--HappyDog

Back