• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Keyed lock cylinders ??

Squarecat

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a long shot, but some jagoff tore the lock cylinders out of my '93 sometime in the past couple days and hoping someone happens to be parting out a compatible year and has the driver & passenger lock cylinders with keys and associated inner parts (metal cylinder retaining clips & a connecting rod with maybe a plastic clip, IIRC from being in there previously??)

It's parked at my ex's for her get around in the snow so I haven't gotten a close look though fortunately (from glancing at it briefly) the sheet metal damage appears minimal. If it had been parked at my place they would have been on camera. My concern is they are going to key the locks and come back for the rest of the Jeep, which would be a waste of their time since I've unlocked and started it with a pocket knife... Sorry, venting now.

Anyway, thinking I'll probably have to slog around a PnP today or tomorrow (Colorado Auto & Parts) so if anyone knows of additional compatible donors, I'd appreciate any input on that.

P.S. In a revelation that was probably obvious to everyone but me, it occurred to me they were likely trying to break into the Jeep to steal it.

Duh.

Going to look around the Jeep to see if the lock cylinders are laying around in the snow nearby...

(In my defense, I was in a sudden adrenaline-fueled rush to pick up one of my boys for school and get to a dentist appointment...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several sets pulled with keys, but I would need to check to see if any of them are for that era of XJ.

I'm available Thursday, if you get in a pinch, I could run to my lot and check.

The issue with the junk yards is that most don't include keys, they don't put them out in the yard with them in the vehicle.

Littleton U-Pull is about 50/50 on finding keys in the cars.

I've got a brand new set you can have but I am in Colorado Springs . I think they are for pre 97. If that's the year they switched to one key for doors and ignition.

I can meet Thursday. Already gave work heads up I'd be taking a long lunch to track down parts at some point.

There's no immediate rush since it's not my DD anymore, just trying to help the ex since her van doesn't go so good in the snow and she's trying to find work. So as soon as convenient is already more than appreciated since my timeframe to fix it is weather-dependent.

Oh and did get a closer look and the driver's side cylinder is actually in the door. Not sure about the passenger side yet though I did find a piece of the outer trim ring in the snow. Regardless, I'd be surprised if they are still functional since the perps obviously weren't exercising finesse. Gonna take some sheet metal massaging as it is...

I've got a brand new set you can have but I am in Colorado Springs . I think they are for pre 97. If that's the year they switched to one key for doors and ignition.

It's a single key for everything.

I'll get back to you if I can't source anything closer to me in Lakewood.

Thanks!

I have several sets pulled with keys, but I would need to check to see if any of them are for that era of XJ.

I'm available Thursday, if you get in a pinch, I could run to my lot and check.

The issue with the junk yards is that most don't include keys, they don't put them out in the yard with them in the vehicle.

Littleton U-Pull is about 50/50 on finding keys in the cars.

Realized my earlier reply may not have posted as such....

I've never thought about how keys are handled since I've never needed to and just figured on getting the locks keyed to, assuming I found a set, then deal with the hatch later. CAaP has virtually been my sole PnP source due simply to... personal logistics.

Anyway, just let me know. One way or another, looks like y'all are saving me a PnP crapshoot/mud bogging which I'm grateful for!

Back