• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Drop Pitman Arm

mnaemark

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a drop pitman arm. Anywhere from 1 to 2.5 inches drop from the stock xj one. I recently installed a new track bar with frame bracket and neglected to read the instructions and now i has bump steer. A stock ZJ will work fine for me. The JY around here just got rid of all their jeeps so im kinda stuck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Mike

why waste time band aid fixing the poo stock steering? UPGRADE TIME! go with this. alot of the guys I wheel with use it and love it. AKA no bump steer. great part is it bolts right up and its y-link as opposed to inverted y-link like stock XJ steering. don't go with the currie set up ever. you still get bump steer cause its the inverted y-link

http://www.ruggedridgesales.com/Crossover-Steering-Conversion-Kit-PRD233.aspx

I already have upgraded steering. The problem still exists as my track bar is lower than my draglink so the angles do not match up. I need the drop pitman arm make the drag link and track bar parallel to each other. Still looking for a DPA

Thanks
-Mike

Well dont listen to Jeeppox,and take some pics!

just for kicks
DSCN0144.jpg

No its the rugged ridge setup. I bought it locally for 15 bucks so i thought i would give it a try. The trackbar and frame bracket are rough country. You can see in the pic that my drag link and trackbar angles are not parallel which is why i want to buy a drop pitman arm. I figure i need 1" to 2" to get the proper angles

what part of town are you in?

sweet deal!! how much of a drop is the track bar bracket. maybe its causing the problem cause like i said I know multiple people running that steering no prob. If I remember correctly you need a 4" drop on your track bar bracket to work right.

North West Tucson. Right on the edge of Marana. No clue what the drop is on the TB bracket. I measured with a square and i got 1.75 inches difference between draglink and TB but i wouldnt trust that measurement to be exact. Its difficult to measure on the jeep and i didn't feel like taking it apart again until i get the drop pitman arm. So im thinking a drop between 1" and 2" should bring the angles close enough to get rid of my gnarly bumpsteer.

I just got a DPA locally. Ill post a pic after its installed. Hopefully the angles will be sooper close.

That is if i can get the old one off easily aha...

Arm came off wayyy to easy. Just used a rental puller from checkers. Ive never ever had a pitman arm come off this easy. Total time was less than 5 minutes.

old arm vs new arm
DSCN0222.jpg

And old angles
DSCN0144.jpg

And new angles
DSCN0223.jpg

Looks like i got the perfect length! Bye bye bumpsteer

Thanks for all the help
-Mike

DSCN0223.jpg

Cant tell anything from that pic,need to see all 4 mounting points!

The bottom mounting points line up perfectly. I just did another alignment and took it for a test drive. No more bump steer. Was gassing it over bumps at 50mph and not even a hint.

thanks again
-Mike

Back