• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB drivers side spindle/knuckle 2wd

onetallmj

NAXJA Forum User
My sons 89 MJ blew the front wheel bearings, welded it to the spindle. Tried to get it off and no go.

Its in a parking lot on Pendleton. would like to get the whole assembly - spindle, knuckle what ever else so we can just unbolt the knuckle and put the new one on with his old hub/rotor.

We don't have access to a shop to press the old spindle out.

thanks

FYI there are two different front axles and it sounds like you're looking for the early one. The later one used the same unit bearings (with a special stub shaft in them) as the 4x4 one.

Not sure when they stopped the spindle-style 2WD front axle but it wasn't that far later than '89, I'm sure.

you should be able to get the inner part of the bearing off with a cutoff wheel and an air chisel to cut a notch in it and shatter the bearing race, they are pretty brittle. once it has spun on the spindle though the spindle is usually trashed.

good luck, spindle knuckles are extremely rare, ive only ever seen one in a junkyard.

PM jumpnjeep on here. I think he has two 2wd beams or possibly the parts you need and he's local to you.

Back