• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wtb door locks

Jays siik xj

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for all the parts to make my doors lock again. The rods in the doors and the actual locking mechanisms with keys... Im tired of people breaking into my Jeep because the doors don't lock. (3 times in a yr)
Anyone have any or all of this?
Pre97 if it makes a difference.

When I was driving my Wrangler I left my doors unlocked, didn't want to have my windows cut. If people are breaking into your XJ that often, maybe it's better that the doors don't lock, this way you don't end up with broken windows. But if it is only because you don't have locks, you should hit up a junkyard/pick-a-part, should be cheap.

When my doors are off no one messes with... when they're on and closed it gets broken into. It has to be the same f'n person because no one elses car gets messed with here. I was just hoping someone had some old doors they didn't want and i could pull the stuff out of em... I don't have much time to go to the jy anymore.

hit up drmoab or lowrange2 they are the partout monkeys lately. the lock rods are different for early and late body styles so you need the 96 and earlier ones.

I was just at the junkyard in Sun Valley getting door latches and handles for my 87. Good luck on your search. The 96+ latch mechanisms (just the latch piece that closes over the striker) should work fine - for the rear 2 doors if the thing is 96+ it has a child lock addition and I *think* it will work if you drill/cut a hole in the door for the child lock slider to poke out. I'm not sure if the rods are any different, as the latch mechanisms seemed to be the same with the electric ones having a separate solenoid actuator mounted below the latch mechanism.

For some reason I was thinking early WJ door handles might work, too, if you can figure out how to change the pushbutton rod spring lever to the XJ type.

Back