• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: D35 or 8.25 w/ 4:56

mtngeronimo

NAXJA Forum User
I currently have a rear Dana 35 installed with 4:56's, Detroit locker, SYE, and custom drive shaft. I need new axle bearings and hate the Detroit since this is also my daily driver and I drive in the snow. I don't have the time, inclination, or tools to set up a new carrier with gears. I have read conflicting reports about the drive shaft being interchangeable between the D35 and 8.25. I will have the drive shaft work done to make the swap work if need be.

Please, no comments about what a POS the D35 is. I've ran this thing for years since I bought it with the locker installed and still have not twisted an axle. I'm not into hard crawling though either.

I'm not looking for some awesome Currie build for $$$$ but something reasonable since I am under-employed at the moment.

Thanks.

Junk yards are your friend.. Pick a part and the other place are having half off sales this holiday weekend.. Grab some tools and get yourself an 8.25.. Might as well get some GC disk brakes and swap them out in the field before purchase.. Grab the drive shaft if worried about it.. Probably get out of there for under $200.. Gearing is the harder part..

Im going down this weekend myself for odds and ends..

I am actually about to pull a 29 spline 8.25 w/ 4.56 gears out of my XJ to put in a D44 with an ARB.

If you are interested, pm me, you are also free to come take a look at it before I pull it out from under my XJ. The bearings should be good, the axle doesn't leak and no weird abnormal noises from it. We can talk price and such after you come out and take a look at it.

Back