• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: cross member, brake lines, and 4.5" lift leaf springs

conejocherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1998 4.0, auto, 4x4 that needs a cross member.
I'm also looking for the hard brake lines for a D35 and as long as I'm asking, it needs a shock mount, so if you happen to have a bent up or damaged D35 sitting around let me know.
Looking for 4.5" lift leaf springs,

I'll give you a crossmember free, come get it.

will not ship, not worth the hassle.

If you find someone. I've literally got a stack of like 5 of these sitting in the garage, happy to give one up.

Buy a roll of nicopp and some stainless tube nuts. The stuff is so easy to bend and flare it's not worth the hassle to reuse old stuff. The tube nuts that come with nicopp suck balls though, regular zinc plated parts store stuff rusts more slowly, I will only make that mistake once.

Buy a roll of nicopp and some stainless tube nuts. The stuff is so easy to bend and flare it's not worth the hassle to reuse old stuff. The tube nuts that come with nicopp suck balls though, regular zinc plated parts store stuff rusts more slowly, I will only make that mistake once.

Got a link to some info about this stuff?

here's the roll of nicopp

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...-brake-line-coil--3-16-x-25-nicopp_16190029-p

and for stainless tube nuts you will probably have to go to Summit or Jeg's or else Classic Tube, Inline Tube etc. - I have not found a brick and mortar source for them. But most FLAPS sell blister packs of tube nuts that hold up reasonably well if you don't live in the rust belt. I had to replace one of the axle lines on my XJ a little while back and made the mistake of using a "stick" of nicopp from the parts store, won't do that again, the tubing is fantastic but the tube nuts are just black oxided steel and are already noticeably surface rusted after only a month of occasional driving (it's been in my buddy's shop most of the time as I've been working there/working on all the little problems on the Heep)

Most parts stores carry several lengths of brakeline. Just get the approx length you need and bend it up.

Back