• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Cherokee 91-99

Bjorn86

NAXJA Forum User
Hey so I am new to the Jeep scene and also this forum.I recently sold my Tacoma in order to fund my hunt for an XJ. I have been searching for a Cherokee for quite some time now (Craigslist mainly) and have come up with a lot of overpriced garbage with high miles or stuff a little out of my price range. I have 5-6k to spend, looking to buy something already lifted, etc..... I would also LOVE to buy something stock and build it myself, but due to lack of time and covered space, that is not looking to be feasible. If there is anyone in N. AZ that would be willing to help me with a build (basically space and some XJ knowledge) I would really love to do that as well.

I am looking for an XJ, obviously must be 4x4, relatively low mileage, prefer automatic, in good running condition, clean title, stock or modified, prefer 96-99 due to the fact that they have airbags and my wife and future children will be riding/driving in it around town. I am not opposed to earlier years though (91+). If anyone knows of someone selling something like this, please let me know. I have cash in hand, traveling is not an issue for me. Also, if anyone wants to help me with a build, let me know. :helpme:

Thanks! :worship:

Hey man, I know you said you're looking for something lifted, but if you end up getting something stock, I have tools and would be more than willing to help you out. Let us know how things turn out for you!

Hey man, I know you said you're looking for something lifted, but if you end up getting something stock, I have tools and would be more than willing to help you out. Let us know how things turn out for you!

I would actually prefer to buy stock and build myself that way I can get all of the parts I want and do the work myself and gain the knowledge of my vehicle. Only problem is I don't have covered space and all of my tools at this point to do the work myself (I'm in Flagstaff attending college). If I find something to build on I'll definitely be looking for someone to work on it with. I'm pretty picky about other people's work unless it's done right, so if one does comes along that is done right, I wouldn't mind picking it up. I think I would get more for my money that way, but then again, I don't know their standards on work quality and may not get the parts I would prefer, and I also want to gain the knowledge. I have seen a couple XJ's on other forums for sale within my budget that are damn nice, but they are all located in the midwest or east coast...too far for me:bawl:.

Either way, PLEASE keep an eye out for me guys. THANKS!

Back