• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: 98 power/heated mirror body side harness/pigtails

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for the body side of the power/heated mirror harness & switches ? (97 & up....mirrors are from a 98) to put in my 96.

I have some new mirrors that came with pigtails out to the connectors, but nothing that mates up to it connector wise for the body side of the harness.

If ya ain't got the harness, or don't want to remove it, I really only need 12" or so from the connector to the main harness, so I can connect to the mirror wiring, and splice in from there back to the switch. The body side connector & pigtail is what I really need.

I'll likely use a different switch, as my rig didn't came with remote manual mirrors, but as much of the harness as you have would help.

If anyone has a wiring schematic for these, that would also help immensely.

I replied to your post on CF but this post has me confused. I'm not sure that I understand what you're looking for.

You want the power mirror switch? It's all one piece with the master window/lock switch 97+. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the wiring is no different between regular mirrors and heated mirrors. I think. Could be wrong.

How are you going to install that into a 96? I know the mirrors bolt right up but where are you going to mount a switch?

OK. I wasn't sure from reading some threads on this if the switch could be broken out of the master panel and used separately, which is why I asked for the switch panel too. If not, if I can get the harness up to the switch, it makes wiring things up with whatever switch I do use easier.

I will mount the switch in the center console, probably using a ford switch.

I am looking for the whole harness from the mirror connectors to the switch. If that isn't possible, then the pigtails for the mirrors would work - I'll just have to run my own wiring to the switch.

The power vs power/heated may be the same....not sure. Either one will work, as I can always wire up the heat function separately as I already have a timer/controller for the heat from another project.

The post above should say my rig came WITH remote manual mirrors - no power for them in the door.

Gotcha. I have power mirror pigtails that I can get you.

I think what you need is a switch from a Jeep with power mirrors and manual windows. That switch is separate and would work well for what you want to do.

Me, I just reach out the window and adjust them with my hand.

Well, I have done that before (and will till I get these wired up), but when the mirror came off, and it was cheaper to get power/heat + slightly larger glass than to replace the remote manual ones I had.........I went that route.

Plus, my 2012 Ram Laramie with all it's fancy gizmos had me wanting power/heated mirrors on the 96 as well. Heated seats & steering wheel would also be nice...but too much $$ & work.

Didn't think about a power mirror only jeep switch...do they exist ?? I know my 96 has power everything but seat & mirrors. Maybe they went the other way too. If ya got one..........

pigtail pics are in the reply on the other site

Back