• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB 4.0 HO

Toostinky

NAXJA Forum User
So.. looks like I have low compression in 1+2 (60/90psi). I'm pretty sure its a cracked head, as wet test showed exactly the same. Anyways.. looking for a complete motor, or a recommendation on reputable yards in the Sacramento area.

Thanks!

Not sure how far you are willing to drive but ill be pulling my 92 motor out in the next couple weeks if not sooner. Its a strong motor. Has about 180 on it. Pulls real strong. Im in martinez.

Instead of getting another motor with unknown issues, makes more sense to pull the head off yours and if the head is indeed cracked and the cylinder walls look good then just get another head and have it rebuilt before you put in on you current block.

Sent you a PM Gordo.

I've considered it, but this bottom end has a good amount of piston slap already (constant at idle, even when hot). It also has 383,000 miles on it. PO said it was rebuilt... god only knows how many miles ago. It is probably salvageable, as the other cylinders have 120psi, but it just not really worth the effort.

Last edited:
Back