• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrote a letter to my senator

Which is why I usually end up including a note - "Why don't you guys pay yourselves less? I don't want to give you more money - you're already wasting most of what you get."

Frankly, I'm surprised they still let me vote...

They already started closing down the county offices on Fridays (nice to find out when you've driven the 30 miles to town to register a car) and when talking to the Motor vehicle lady there they are taking forced unpaid holidays.

The money's going somewhere...Hell, I've just paid $550 to register my cars, still have one to go, and all but 80 of that is an annual fee! Oh and "ownership tax" WTF!?! Sales tax I semi-understand, and paid $500 in sales taxes for the car I just bought but taxing me for owning something? Property taxes on cars and you can't even afford to keep your doors open 5 days a week?!?:bs: What are we doing here guys?:dunno:

They already started closing down the county offices on Fridays (nice to find out when you've driven the 30 miles to town to register a car) and when talking to the Motor vehicle lady there they are taking forced unpaid holidays.

The money's going somewhere...Hell, I've just paid $550 to register my cars, still have one to go, and all but 80 of that is an annual fee! Oh and "ownership tax" WTF!?! Sales tax I semi-understand, and paid $500 in sales taxes for the car I just bought but taxing me for owning something? Property taxes on cars and you can't even afford to keep your doors open 5 days a week?!?:bs: What are we doing here guys?:dunno:

Same sort of thing here in CA. Vehicle reg just went up another 10-12%, DMVs are all but cutting out Saturdays, and shutting the doors about every other Friday, methinks.

It's a pity we can't "unpay" Congresscritters - that's where these problems start. There's apparently a movement afoot to take our "full-time/full-pay" legislature and knock it back down to a "part-time/low pay" batch of Congresscritters. Makes good sense to me - should save a few million, and they don't do enough useful stuff to get paid as much as they do anyhow...:twak::twak::twak::twak::twak:

Back