• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrenching party this weekend

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of doing a XJ body swap this weekend, starting Friday afternoon. If anybody wants to see the inerds of an XJ is welcome. I'll be providing my award winning BBQ and a rationed amount of beer. :laugh3: It should be pretty straight forward, I just can't handle some of the pieces well by myself. Let me know if you are thinking of making it and I will take beer orders. I might even spring for some NAXJA tshirts or hats.

The main task is to pull the engine/tranny/tcase and move it over to the destination vehicle, along with swapping the rear axle. I have full air tools, jacks, cherry pickers and the like. The destination vehicle is spotless and my rig is pretty clean and all the bolts have been pulled recently so we shouldn't have any major problems.

You guys up north better help Tom, He's old!! I would love to come up but my backup is on vacation for the next 2 weekends so I'm on call. On top of that I got the gears going in a 44 for my cheap jeep. SORRY.

Thanks for the support Led. I should have your rims for you next week.

Sorry Tom I would love to help but by the time I drove up north the day would be shot. lol. :cheers:

Was hoping to do it on Saturday, but I will be working on it all day Friday - Sunday. I appreciate the help guys.

I'll see what the work schedule looks like; but I won't know until Friday.

I might be able to swing over from greeley and help sat and or sunday if your still working on it. I won't know tell this friday aswell.

hey tom, looks like i'll be wrenching on my own jeep that day... otherwise i'd come up.

good luck.

terry

It is supposed to be a hot one so I recommend starting fairly early. Not trying to push anyone.

You got that right. I should be able to wander around the block to give a hand periodically. Mornings or after sunset only. Your garage faces west, that will make it one hot muther. :sunshine:

I will work on my basement in the afternoon. As much as I hate plastering, the benefits of a cool basement far outweigh your hot driveway! :laugh3:

For any of you that are coming, the address is 4576 Brookwood Drive, Loveland, Colorado 80538. My cell is 970-690-6270

From I-25, take Colorado Hwy34 towards the mountains. Follow it into Loveland and around Lake Loveland. Make a right at the first light past the lake on Taft Avenue. Proceed North to 45th. Make a right on 45 and go 5 blocks to Brookwood. Make a left and I am a short block and a half on your right. Look for the rig's in the driveway.

I will be starting around 7am but you guys come when ever is best for you. I got the engine and drivetrain out of one of the rigs this afternoon and will have it cleaned and ready to receive the stroker.

Tom, I was planning on giving you a hand today but I got called in to work at 06:15 this morning. I know it's a big job so if you don't finish up today, PM me. I have 3 weekdays off this week. I was a dealer heavy Jag machanic in another life.

What do you need the steering column for? I pulled it already.

hey tom thanks for the crossmember just seeing how much farther you got this week so far? and whats happening this weekend if your working and need the help.

Greg

I've been out of commission for a few days. I seem to have gotten some kind of chemical, like acid, down in my shoe. I pulled it off and there was no skin, just red meat on my big toe and back up my foot. Felt great. Anyway, it has been too damn hot to do much.

I got the interior stripped out of both rigs so I can now put the crap in the old XJ to keep things cleaned up. I will have all the crap off of the engine on the old rig in the next day or so and will try to get the engine pulled. I still need to extract the tranny from the new rig and put it on the stroker. I am just going to do it a step at a time as the weather permits. Hope to work on it some this weekend, but no firm plans yet.

Back