• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wrench party

Oops, I deleted the PM where Led gave me his Cell #...... dunno if I can find my way to the hangar again. Anyone sees this on Saturday, have Led call my cell.

Thanks

My cell is 719 238 2816 if you get lost!!! I'm heading out now.
Led

I dunno I think Jon is still in bed and its a fuzz after 10 so We should be on the road by 2 or 3 pm..

Greg

Last edited:
Well its in and runs!! Thanks to everyone that came out and helped,Fred,Jeff Joey,Randy,Troy,Jon,Greg,Allan and even JohnJohn ,even though he just worked on his own rig!!
Led

It was nice meeting everybody that was there on sat. sorry I didn't help out very much but it looked like you guys had it under control I tried to stay out of the way and be a good tool bitch when needed. Hope to see you on the trail this summer.

Later Randy

I had kind of hoped to stop in and heckle you guys today but we had a death in the family and didn't make it.

So, Led, are you going to make BOTW now you have a running rig? It doesn't look like work is going to allow me to make it. If you want to borrow the dolly instead of hauling on a trailer, call me.

glad to hear it worked out led... so are you BOTW bound?

me, i was taking turns vomiting w/ my 18-month-old son all weekend. :wierd:

...not to mention my XJ is up in cheyenne.

figures-- the best weather of the whole d*mn season and i'm sick and jeep-less!

terry

91 Jeep Project said:
Speaking of which, how is all of that going???????
Its coming along.Engine and trans. are out and in Led's rig now.Stereo system is in my new rig.X-fer case is sitting on the shop floor.Hood,bumpers,hitch,gas tank skid,exhaust,rear hatch,radiator and front grille are all removed.Still need to get the passenger side door and fender off as they are getting a new home on Troy's Yellaheep(drivers side door appears to be straight and is available).Need to remove the suspension,everything looks like it can still be used on the new rig except the LCAs,the remenants of the cage are coming out and going into Led's rig,back windows are going to my buddy in Kansas.I'll be posting up some stuff in the "For Sale" forum pretty soon(3 core GDI,possibly AW4,and some other junk).Stay tuned.
Jeff

planefixer said:
remenants of the cage...

so, how did the cage hold up?
i know it wasn't designed (specifically) for this purpose, but curious...
(though "remnants" doesn't sound so good!)
;)

That xj has the most fubar'd unibody I've ever seen. Externally, all you see is the damaged fender from opening the lf door. Underneath is another story. Ever seen a D30 tube pulled out of the housing? :D

MMIXJ said:
so, how did the cage hold up?
i know it wasn't designed (specifically) for this purpose, but curious...
(though "remnants" doesn't sound so good!)
;)

We never got to finish the cage.The front section was all welded up but was only tack-welded to the main hoop and none of it was anchored to the floor.However,the transmission tunnel folded all the way over to the gas pedal but the side of the floor where the cage was didnt buckle too much at all.If it had I might have possibly ended up with a messed up foot or ankle.The cage wedged itsself up against the ceiling and I think it might have helped brace the floor a little bit-So a big thanks to Damian@DandC Extreme :wave1:
Jeff

Last edited:
JJacobs said:
That xj has the most fubar'd unibody I've ever seen. Externally, all you see is the damaged fender from opening the lf door. Underneath is another story. Ever seen a D30 tube pulled out of the housing? :D

Just about all of the impact(at 35-40 mph)was absorbed by the drivers front wheel.So yeah the axle is just a little bent-think we can straighten it Jon?? :dunce:

Jeff

yeah judging from that axletube pulling out it took a hit and the underneath that floor pan wasnt pretty just glad you and your wife were ok!!! Jeff, Drop me a pm I am interested in some of the parts your wanting to sell.

Greg

Back