• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wrench party right now!!

For just $19.95 you, yes you, can have your very own LIFE! Just pay a modest shipping and handling charge. BUT WAIT! Order in the next 10 minutes and get absolutely free (just pay a modest shipping and handling fee) a CLUE! Yes that's right, the perfect thing for those WTF? :dunno: moments! Hurry to the phone NOW!
:D

Perfect!!!!!!!!!

haha thats not all the four loco hahaha and ya thnx for pointing that out grimm rofl!

not really but what else should i call it

whats that do?

not really ive never noticed any problems, or maybe ive just always had bad vibes and didnt know lol but no one ever pointed anything like that out
Hack and tap SYE. If you decide to go for an SYE, that's what I used. Fairly simple install, you just need steady hands. IIRC you can adapt a front shaft cheaply to fit a hack and tap. Basically just takes a flange on the end of the shaft to bolt to the flange you just installed on the end of you t-case output. I bought mine with a double cardan shaft for just about $400 total.

not really but what else should i call it

A Paper Cut..

You could have taken the u-joint straps off, put it in 4 Hi, and driven home.

U-joints on Jeep are going to break. If you are going to be out there on dirt roads, you should carry some basic tools and at least learn how to change a u-joint on the side of the road.

Heck, it wouldn't even take MacGyver to change a u-joint with a screw driver and a rock..

E

Last edited:
Oh yeah... I have a hand full of those u-joint strap bolts. I threw a couple in your direction.. But I don't think they made it to your house...

:D

E

driving from the side of the 10 freeway, 1 mile on the shoulder at 10 mph, then down the offramp and onto the street where I could park safely was enough to coax some pretty bad scraping noises from my tcase when I had the exact same failure as him. In addition to the weight of the jeep being pulled by only the front output it dumped just about every drop of fluid out the tailcone.

Hey Mike,

I don't advocate, but it can be done without major consequences. It sounds like the biggest contributor to your transfer case screwing up is the loss of fluid. He wouldn't have leaked anything.
The damage
02f37492.jpg

I have driven on the the front only several times. In fact, I've been hashing out the vibes on my '99 and drove it around town for more than 10 miles (Streets only). It's good to go.

Thats a good way to ruin a tcase too. :gee: Drive to the road yes, drive home? not a good idea.

I drove from Johnson Valley to Calabassas front wheel drive only when I blew my rear shaft and busted the yoke. Took the freeway all the way, 3hour drive and my TC is just fine. Its done all the time, really not a big deal .

O and if I'm on a trail I normally bring recovery gear
I just didn think I would need nyrhing for this since it was just fishing and the sir road was less hectic then holy Jim road like a civic could've drove at 60 on it

Think we might do that I can't get my old u joint out I have it soaking in pb blaster but I'm pretty sure its not coming out LOL
So ill probably take the part back and there's gas money probably

Back