• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wow. Epic carnage. Control arm question

Sawzall !!

Well, that's the first step, to cut the bent UCA in half so I can proceed with getting the axle out, but I'm still working on how to sawzall the bolt out...

Drill it out

Well in true NAXJA fashion, first I tried to fix the nut with beer, then I got the sawzall out. I don't have immediate access to a grinder, but what if I drilled a hole in the side of the nut, and stuck a screwdriver in the hole and broke it loose?

You can't have a thread title with the terms "epic carnage" and not have pics.

It's against NAXJA rules.

This thread should be canned.:hang:

XJ98Jeep said:
Well in true NAXJA fashion, first I tried to fix the nut with beer, then I got the sawzall out. I don't have immediate access to a grinder, but what if I drilled a hole in the side of the nut, and stuck a screwdriver in the hole and broke it loose?

Do you not have a Harbor Freight by you? You can get an hf grinder for $15-20; they may not be great but they last a while and they are cheap... P.S. get the yallow/orange one it last longer then the blue ones. Oh how I hate the blue ones:smsoap:

nonflexible arms will be tough on the mounts, I would go stockers and keep spares or go easy on it until you can get what you want. I am a fellow pretzler.:wave1: Stripped bolts suck. I used a sawzall on one of mine.

I've got the stock XJ arms, not the ZJ arms. And will someone direct me as to how to sawzall a nut off? I would love to be able to use the sawzall even more.

And there's an HF near-ish me, but not close enough to warrant running out just for a grinder.

XJ98Jeep said:
And will someone direct me as to how to sawzall a nut off?

Firmly grasp the nut and pull it away from your body.
Place blade between nut and your body.
Squeeze trigger of sawzall and cut flesh bewteen nut and body.

HaleYes said:
Firmly grasp the nut and pull it away from your body.
Place blade between nut and your body.
Squeeze trigger of sawzall and cut flesh bewteen nut and body.
:gee:
Comere city boy!

Back to the axle-dropping, it's a bitch without a frame-lift. I'm currently doing it in my driveway with two jacks, 4x4 blocks, and a shitton of jack stands, and boy is it nervewracking. All I have left is to get the track bar off, the wheels back on, and roll it out from under the jacked up deathtrap that's currently sitting in my driveway.

I'm going to get the arms figured out later, for now I want to get the stripped nut that's holding my bent UCA out. I think I'm just going to try and cut the nut somehow.

PICS OR GTFO!!!
happyfinger.gif

If you can even spell "jacked up deathtrap" you need more beer.

:cheers:

Get back to work...

woody said:
If you can even spell "jacked up deathtrap" you need more beer.

:cheers:

Get back to work...
:cheers: No argument here. My brother's in town so I don't even have to hide the empties :shhh:

Here's one of the pictures, I'm not sure what happened to the other one but I'll try and get it up in a second.
Photo-0175.jpg

Back