• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

workn on the Xj

Kewl, lookin good. What is the total plan for it? Keep posting pics of your progress! :peace:

gonna take the gate put it up to the back seat make it like a H3 kinda....add a cage in the inside and prolly a couple of supports on the outside...thats really about it with the roof and stuff ...gonna paint it olive probably after all the welding is done.....hopefully it turns out really good...hell even ok will be fine..lol....first time doing something this major...i lfited my cj7 16 inchs in 13 hours but that was nothing

:looney: i like pictures!!!

DSCN2383.jpg

DSCN2386.jpg

DSCN2388.jpg

0804081841.jpg

looks good man... i know i'm not the only one who's pondered what their XJ would look like with the back chopped...

well there you go man got some ruff cuts on it now hopefully gonna be straight tommorow when i get off work...gonna get some goodies from the shop.... one thing you gotta know about cutting the top is that the break light wires run through the top of the roof ...didnt know that until after i cut it off.. now gotta re run the wires.. no biggie,,,just was ready to cut it and didnt look through it all the way

I have been thinking about doing something similar to one of my XJs. I have a question though. Does the rear passanger have enough room behind their heads to keep from hitting the glass?

Badride said:
I have been thinking about doing something similar to one of my XJs. I have a question though. Does the rear passanger have enough room behind their heads to keep from hitting the glass?

yeah it does have enough if you cut it right ...the only thing with useing the gate is that i cant becaue it fibergalss and the rear window is to big for the spot that it needs to go so...now i am gonna kinda fast back it.....kinda like that dont know any other way to say it...but i will post pics when i get more done

i will be putting this tailgate on it i will probably have to do some mods to it also ... oh well why not done cut my dam roof off my jeep...besides i am getting this thing for 30 bucks cant complain and i can weld it back if i cut it wrong

tailgate.jpg

If it's available you could also see if you could find the hatch from 96+ as they were metal.

dave92cherokee said:
If it's available you could also see if you could find the hatch from 96+ as they were metal.
That's 97+ was metal. 96- were fiberglass.

Back