• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Working on my rear coils

What does this have to do with rear coils?

Rushing a project like this and trying to fit it into a set timeframe is a great way to make sure it gets done half-assed.

ok let me explain there is no time frame I am only getting the parts together to do it the only time frame I have is the welder can only be barrowed for one week it doesn't matter what week just one week.

And the title is off sorry, the bracket is is going to be for the front I am going to be doing a radius arm set up in the front and a wishbone upper 36" lower in the rear.

I am just wanting to know if the bracket that is made to handle the coil, LCA and shock could be changed from the shock to the trackbar/panhardbar. I thought that having the track/panhardbar as close to the pass. side was better.

Will

Wow I must be loosing it............... hold up. (bartender, nother whiskey and coke) ok im back. I thought you said you were putting the TB on the back side of the axle, but now you are just putting it closer to the pass. side??? In place of the shock??? Im totally lost here. Ill just leave this for someone sober

no I want to put it on the backside of the axle in the shock location on the new bracket. I have never seen it done so I am just wondering if there is a reason for it or not. You can flame me for the question I don't care I really am just looking for helpful information like I used to get a few years ago on this forum but maybe it has changed now and it is how pirate was a few years ago.

So some help is all I ask, there are plenty of people on here that know something about suspention work that could help me

Let me explain this one more time. This is for the front axle ( HP44) I want to use the Ballistics Fabrication coil bracket that is made to hold the coil, shock, and LCA all in one I would like to know from someone would is looking to help me if I can use the shock bracet on the coil backet to hold the track/panhardbar instead.

Will

It looks like you'd have to cut out the inner shock tab and drill new holes to allow the panhard to go there (which sounds like what you're planning anyway). Beyond that, I couldn't tell you if it would work or not; I'll leave that to the much smarter and more experienced guys here.

just to let you know, the coil will sit about 2" off the tube with that bracket, FWIW.

As long as you can make a panhard bar that won't crush your oil pan or exhaust, I think it would work, with enough support. I would add some to support it laterally. Just my $.02

Back