• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Woohooo! past the first 2 of 8 ASE!

ASE=Ask Someone Else :D Had a guy working for me who said that when I asked if he had any ASE certifications. We fired him after a few weeks. Nice guy but couldn't fix a ham sandwich.

I have had my ASE certificates for many years. Just renewed 9 of the tests last year, passed them all with only a couple missed questions each. If you know your stuff, they aren't very hard at all.

My only complaint is that with the new computerized tests they won't allow me to schedule the A1 through A8 tests and the L1 test in one day. Had to split it up into 2 Saturdays, pissed me off because I was nowhere near the max time allotment for each test.

So true....lol. I have the same issue. I could have gotten them all done in an afternoon (finances permitting!), but they wanted me to schedule a whole day! As it sat it took me 20min per test, including the tutorial and survey. It took longer to drive to the test center.LOL

Master Auto and Medium/Heavy Truck plus L1/L2 here. They are valuable yes but not near as valuable as experience.

No argument here.

On other news, I'm scheduled to take the other 4 tests late july early august! Wooo hooo!

Would I be labeling mself as a pansy if I said I'm nervous about the up coming tests? I have heard that Auto trans is a nightmare.

I'm pretty confident that I'll do ok (Ive passed every practice test Ive taken so far) but I still worry alot.

*Sigh*

Maybe I just need to get out of my head for a while.
:helpme:

For those that have been following along, I passed Manual trans and HVAC last tuesday!

I go for Auto trans and Electronics tomorrow. Wish me luck!

yay! Im all done! Passed all the tests with high marks. whats the first thing I do as an ASE master tech?

Blow up a pcm on a nissan xterra.

"Congratulations! Here's a swift kick in the nuts.":puke:

yay! Im all done! Passed all the tests with high marks. whats the first thing I do as an ASE master tech?

Blow up a pcm on a nissan xterra.

"Congratulations! Here's a swift kick in the nuts.":puke:

ok, since no one else will do it, I've gotta ask....... how'd you manage to kill the PCM?

No f'ing clue!!!

All I did was clean the ground at the upper intake and install a factory authorized and produced ground harness from a nissan bulletin.....

I'm baffled as to what happened.

went to start the truck after finishing up under the hood and smelled "magic smoke":flamemad:

Back